Staffield Hall
Pitchup.com
All reviewslady towerking oswaldlake districtthe kitchenon arrivalfirst floorhigh standardrelaxing breakliving roombeautiful propertyluxury accommodationlarge familythese apartmentsvery special placewhirlpool bathlong driveoriginal features
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My fiancé booked us this trip and I had no idea just how wonderful it would be. In fact it was so nice we didn't leave the place for the whole time we had it. The jacuzzi bath was amazing and I didn't want to get out of it, to get into the snuggly dressing gown provided afterwards and then jump into a cosy, comfortable bed left me feeling five stars myself! The apartment was fully equipped with everything you could need and more including a dish washer, the hall itself is absolutely beautiful and it is based in a stunning location. Highly recommended, the only thing is it wouldn't be great for heavy internet users, but who spends all their time on holiday on the internet?

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
wolfenmill, Owner at Staffield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

What a great fiancé you must have to treat you in such a special way. Fantastic to hear that you had such a great stay with us.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Booked this at last minute for me and my wife. Not had the best of years so far and does not look like improving any time soon so took the opportunity to get away for a few days. Did not dissapoint - it was very quiet and while there were other people in the building we did not see anyone until the day we left. The flat was really well equiped, clean and comfortable. We stayed in the Butlers Loft and yes it was at the top of the house but did not find it gloomy and bed was fine (and I stay in lots of hotels). We did not get any Maltessers but agree it is a lovely place with loads to do.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markpM4679AT

Sorry you missed out on the Maltessers ;-) so pleased to learn that you managed to find some peace from your difficult time. This quiet oasis at Staffield Hall is a wonderful place to relax with loved ones and reflect. Thank you for spending time with us

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I booked a weekend break at Staffield Hall, advertised as a luxuary stay. We were in the Butlers loft which was find except rather gloomy beacuse the windows were too high to see through when sat down. The apartment was cold and there was not heat in the storage radiators so I was glad to find a portable heater in the wardrobe. We ended up using this the whole time as we couldn't adjust the storage radiators to come on when we wanted. Who wants to spend their weekend trying to figure out the heating?
Another niggle was the fridge door which wouldn't stay shut and the can opener was shot. The worst thing was the bed. The mattress was rock hard and when I investigated it found it to be a cheap mattress that was often on offer because it had such bad reviews. The reviews indicated that it was very uncomfortable. This was such a pity as it spoiled our stay.
The setting of the hall was lovely and is worth spending some time there. There were also several thigs to do and see and the area; We enjoyed Long Meg and her daughters, The Settle to Carlisle line and the road to Alston. Most of all i enjoyed quiet time in the garden sketching the lovely surroundings.
Despite warnings we had no trouble with the wi-fi and got an acceptable mobile signal in the car park. So for the sake of a few pounds what could have been a excelent review was just average.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
wolfenmill, Owner at Staffield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. So sorry the mattess was not to your personal preference. Its a difficult call, we have had guests ask how they can get a matress the same, but there we are then.
I'll have the can opener changed now we know. Good feedback is important to us so we can improve and maintain our standards.
The week you stayed had turned chilly after a blisteringly hot week (for England) we would not have expected though that the main heating for the apartment to have been required. Had you mentioned your problems turning it on we would have been happy to explain the controls. Had we known of your difficulty we would have offered more convectors if you felt you needed these.
The area is super and its great you appreciate this. Thanks for staying with us. Regards.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Visited staffield hall with family. We stayed in Manor Hall a 3 Bedroom apartment on the ground floor. On arrival was really impressed with the location lovely rolling countryside all around. The apartment was excellent. We had so much room 3 double bedrooms all with their own bathrooms. The lounge and dining room were spacious and with an elderly mother and a disabled husband everything on the one level was ideal. The views from all the windows were great but especially from the lounge. Everything was very clean and of a very good standard. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
wolfenmill, Owner at Staffield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Tremendous views from Manor Hall, what must it have been like in the old days? The Hall sitting with its extensive park land. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking your break at Staffield Hall.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Wow, I can't rave about this place enough, it is absolutely beautiful, the write up on the website certainly wasn't exaggerating, we stayed in Butlers Loft for 4 nights, there was a welcome tray with tea, coffee, biscuits, milk in the fridge and a lovely box of Maltesers waiting for us. There is nothing that's been forgotten here at all, it's like being at home, there was everything you could ever want, everything was of a high standard too. It was so peaceful that it felt like we were the only people staying there. It's a good base for getting to plenty of places, there are loads of leaflets on the landing for places to visit. As you walk in there are DVDs, books and games to borrow if you require them. I have probably forgotten loads of other things to mention but all in all I would recommend Staffield Hall.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
wolfenmill, Owner at Staffield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Wow, this has really made my day. My small but dedicated team will be so pleased that thier work is so appreciated. Thank you for sharing your happy experiences with us.