Premier Inn Durham (Newton Aycliffe) Hotel(Newton Aycliffe)(Great Value!)
US$67
PremierInn.com
Bury Guest House(Newton Aycliffe)
US$54
  • Restaurant
US$43
US$42
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$50/night.

US$75
US$62
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

US$64
US$58
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant(Bishop Auckland)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$60
US$33
US$32
Hotels.com
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$59
All reviewsvillage greenbroke our journeyadjoining buildingstarters and main coursesoverlooking the greenpiefish and chipsturkish delight ice creambottle of tap watermashseasonal vegetablesvery nice atmospherepresented beautifullycheese boardbottle of red wineeggs benedictfamily meal
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Broke our journey home from Scotland here. The County is in a good setting. A village green which is a bit of a relief after a fairly urban feeling drive from Durham.

The accommodation is in an adjoining building and is well laid out and equipped. Looked to be fairly new.

The beer was good. I decided to try the Lancaster Bomber, which is a very pleasant hoppy bitter.

The food was above average. A fairly varied menu. All well cooked and generous portions. I recommend the steak and ale pie.

Overall, a great place to stay, eat and drink.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Booked a table for Sunday lunch last week. When we arrived we were shown a table that was obviously unsuitable, pushed to one side where everyone would walk passed very closely. We were then told if we didn't want that one we could sit in the bar even tbouhh we has booked for the restaurant. Eventually shown a table in the window which was fine but why not offer this one first. We ordered mushroom and tarragon soup which just tasted of mushroom and the battered calamari. The batter was so soggy I had to take all of it off and only eat the calamari. The same lady who showed us to our table cleared our plates without ask if everything was alright..... it was obvious that it wasn't. Now to the mains. When taking the order I asked for beef if it could be pink. However I was told as it is silbersidr it has to be slow cooked and well done. What? Silverside can only be cooked well done. What a load of rubbish. Anyway at this I opted.for the pork instead. This was definetly well done too. Dry and tastless. The yorkshire pudding also oily. My partner ordered the stroganoff which was the smallest portion we have ever seen .
Next to no meat mainly rice and at £16 over overpriced. I would say the best part if the meal was a bottle of red wine so needless to say will not return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I went here with my wife and my mum and dad. I had the swordfish and everyone else had the pie.
Quite simply the food was outstanding. Portions are large so you'd be unlikely to manage a sweet as well.
Would definitely go here again if I was near Darlington again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Party of 8 called in for lunch on a Saturday. It's a restaurant and not a pub, so we were quite surprised to see as many people in.

Pleasant, helpful staff and pretty good food all round.

My Iberico ham and cheese croquettes were a little underwhelming and small, but other than that, a very pleasant meal.

A touch on the expensive side as you need to add potatoes/chips/mash etc. to some of the main courses.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I ate at this. Venue a few times recently and the staff and quality of food was excellent. Strongly suggest anyone in the area visit for fantastic food. Will definitely be back. The quality and choice did not disappoint- had the pie a few times and it was excellent

Stayed: June 2017