“Amazing cake!”

Dingle Hill Tearooms
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Dunwich
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Dingle Hill Tearooms is a family run business situated in historical village of Dunwich along the Suffolk Heritage Coast. Dingle Hill values good quality,honest food,this mean that all our cakes,scones,quiches & puddings are made daily at Dingle Hill Tearooms, with our bread coming from our local bakery in Stradbroke. We offer cream teas,delightful home made cakes & puddings as well as a selection of freshly prepared sandwiches,toasted sandwiches,jacket potatoes & salads.
Reviewed 30 August 2015

Everything is home made, fresh and delicious. Setting is pretty and interesting - a plant nursery. Proper baked potatoes and home-made quiche.
Loos are a bit basic though

1  Thank 14JanK

Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

Good place for afternoon tea especially on a wet August Day. The scones were enormous we actually could only eat one of them. The lemon cake was also delicious.

2  Thank Pewe51
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Normally I like to get my refreshments / liquids when out walking in a pub however my wife had been here earlier in the week and wanted a second visit. Fantastic setting, good quality produce (definitely not "dry dry dry" as some one claimed). Staff where very friendly and efficient, did not mind that I had a very wet and dirty Springer Spaniel (we sat outside). Now if only they could do real ale as well .......

Highly recommended (and I do give out plenty of not good reviews when things are poor)

1  Thank NigelP99
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Because the food is so good...so I ate a lot...and slipped into some kind of heavenly coma where I imagined all the little enzymes in my digestive system thanking me for every mouthful of food and complimenting me on what fine taste I have in cafes. And as this sea of contentment rose from my stomach and began to intoxicate my whole body and mind, I slowly started to drift off to sleep- only to be rudely awakened by my conscience reminding me I was driving up the A12 and was about to kill both myself and my little sister.

So there. It's really good. I always come here when I go to Dunwich now. The selection of food includes locally sourced produce and is always of high quality. The location is so pretty and the staff are friendly too.

(No little sisters were harmed in the making of this trip, she had fallen asleep too.)

2  Thank Anna S
SophieBarham, Owner at Dingle Hill Tearooms, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Hi Anna,

I have been meaning to respond to your review for some time now. Simply to say that it most definitely the most entertaining TripAdvisor Review we've had to date!! Thank you for making us smile and for your lovely review! We hope to see you back soon.

Many Thanks,

Sophie Barham

Reviewed 16 August 2015

This little cafe is tucked away on outskirts of Dunwich - keep walking past The Ship (on left) and along past St James church, bear right at road fork and you'll find it on next bend.

It is set in a rather wild and pretty garden, with tables in sheltered private spots surrounded by flowers and shrubs. The sandwiches come with nice salad and crisps and are about £6 - very delicious. The cream teas are huge - 2 big scones with plenty of cream and jam. There are stunning hanging baskets, and plants for sale, good value too.

1  Thank annieSuffolk