Cabana Guest House
US$66
PremierInn.com
US$47
Travelodge
All reviewstoby carveryb bprivate bathroomfull englishbowls clubfriendly hoststoby innoverlooking the bowling greenadequate sizesugar and milkvariety of cerealslovely guesthousetop floora lovely cooked breakfastquiet locationlovely couplegreat sea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay, room 100% clean and when I say clean I mean clean we where having a joke in the room doing what people on 4 in a bed do Wiping on top of mirror etc to find no dust at all wasn’t doing it to see if clean just having a laugh and just couldn’t fault it at all, the people are lovely very helpful, the only thing that disappointed me was the shower was a different room across the hall but that’s not there fault they tried accommodate to the best of the ability so a great stay will come back here if we come back to clacton

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

A two night stay after four noisy nights in central Clacton.This guest house is a one minute drive,fifteen minute walk downtown along the beach road.Great location overlooking the sea and very,very quiet day and night.
Mark and his charming wife are top hosts,super friendly with huge local knowledge.It was great to have some Essex banter rather than the pidgin English of Polish and Latvian staff at other b&b's.
Stayed in room 1 with nice balcony and great sea view.The room has it's own sole use bathroom but it is not ensuite.Room was clean and fresh and bed was excellent.
Inclusive breakfast was tasty and served 8.30 to 9.30.
There is a nice lounge to sit in and a large well kept garden.
Unlike central Clacton there is ample free parking and beach and Toby restaurant are two hundred yards away.
WIFI was good.

Room Tip: Room one has a nice balcony with two chairs and a great view of the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I stay here every month while in the area on business. I stayed in various other places in Clacton but always stay here now.
This is because of the friendly welcome, cleanliness and reasonable prices.
Unlike a lot of places there is ample free parking and it literally a 2 minute stroll to the beach.
Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Went there with my wife for a short stay at the sea, not directly situated downtown but easily walkable, excellent view toward the beach from our room, the staff gorgeously and helpful, the included breakfast a good start for the day, free good WLAN, would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Complete mix up of rooms,booked a family room for myself and 2 children,booked wrong weekend off work so rang mark and explained,he couldn't offer me any other room and said I'd have to pay the £135 if we didn't turn up.so so had to settle for a double bed,I said fine ok me and 2 kids would have to share if not I would be charged £135 of my card if we didn't turn up.rang 5 days before our visit and got told yes a double room with a double bed for us 3.however on arrival mark said he booked me a twin room with 2 single beds,denied I'd previously booked a "family room",said no way did he book twin beds.in the end he charged me £10 more .think he's a con artist !breakfast ok nothing special.heard comments from the kitchen.nice place but mark is a money grabbing bloke so beware.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
thestewarts49, Owner at Cabana Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

After 14 years it still never ceases to amaze us the lying, cowardly manner in which guests review the Cabana. We have 172 reviews and anyone can see what we are about. For the record Michelle, you wanted a family room which we do not provide. You settled for a twin room for you and YOUR DAUGHTER for £130 for 2 nights. Upon arrival you brought another daughter without advising us in advance. Given the fact they were adults, I did explain again that we have no family room and you would need 2 rooms. After your plea I agreed against all,regulations to allow you all to occupy the twin room for an extra £10 - £140 in total, when it should have been closer to £200. You continuously made comments on how you were enjoying your stay among other compliments. You also told us how lovely breakfast was and when you left you would recommend us and had a great stay. Michelle, we welcome constructive criticism, always have and always will, but the blatant lying rubbish you have spouted is a true testimony to your character. The one consolation from your review is that thankfully we will never have to meet you again.