All reviewssea frontthe hotel managerroom with a sea viewfull englishspacious roomtown centrechoice of cerealsbudget hotelbobby
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We were booked for one night ,we rang to ask for an early 'check in' a week ahead ,but on arrival was told our room would not be ready till 2/30 the time we needed to be at a funeral.
They then offered us another room, on entry I nearly cried it was like a prison cell ,high small window looking out onto a brick wall, I left immediately and complained but the manager was so rude ,we walked out I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL YO MY WORST ENEMY

Room Tip: Don't bother going
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cathy s
Bobby R, Guest Relations Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Hi Cathy,
Sorry you had a negative experience. We will try better.
All the best.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The young lady who took my booking & checked me in was very polite, helpful & friendly.

The breakfast was good & hot, thank you.

That's about where it stopped.

The carpets were dirty & hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner for months I'd say, from the Hall/landing into my room.

My room carpet was disgraceful, it takes forever for only just warm water to filter though into the bathroom. I had a shower (very poor, almost useless shower head) & didn't need to mix cold with hot, it was only just about warm enough.

Breakfast was served in the bar, once guest came in & just stared looking & said "really, what am I meant to do here"

To be fair there's work going on but that appears to be for a fish & chip shop at one side of the Hotel.

It's way overpriced for the standard & I'd not stop here again.

Poor value, perhaps the owners should try cleaning rather than just sitting around talking looking like they're above their guests

Room Tip: Try elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your review. The hotel is indeed undergoing refurbishment and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Regards.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel.Had a lovely big room with magnificient sea views.
The owner and staff were very friendly and helpful.Nice freshly cooked breakfast
to start the day and the room was lovely and warm on the cooler evenings

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Bobby R, Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you Chris for your kind comments please come back & see us again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

This hotel is right on the sea front, our room had sea views and was big .my husband and I was celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary the rooms were functional and clean and staff were good nothing was too much bother to them would go again

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Bobby R, Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you Lesley for your kind comments we look forward to seeing you's again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We had a relaxing couple of days staying at the Esplanade Hotel. Our room was large, clean and spacious with a great sea view ! The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the Pier, town centre and local attractions. We had no issues parking - which was at the back of the hotel. Breakfast in the American themed restaurant downstairs was great! It was a mixture of cereals, toast and a lovely fry up. Bobby and his family and the rest of the staff were friendly and helpful throughout.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Bobby R, Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us Neil, look forward to seeing you in the near future. All the best with the house hunting ....