“Sunday fixed price menu is good value for money”

Miller & Carter Epping Forest
Ranked #13 of 68 Restaurants in Epping
Price range: US$13 - US$66
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A unique steakhouse experience: At Miller & Carter we know a thing or two about steak. In fact, we could say that we're one of the best steakhouses in Essex. But we'd rather leave that to your judgement. Because once you've tasted our hand-cut, 28-day aged British steaks you'll soon appreciate the care of our farmers, the exacting standards of our butchers and the passion of our chefs. Don't just take our word for it; book a table and decide for yourself. You'll find us at the heart of Epping Forest, near Theydon Bois golf club and High Beech and within easy access of the M25 J26. The best of British beef: Our premium-graded British beef is reared on carefully selected, sustainable farms. So whichever your favourite cut, we can trace every forkful back to the field. Looking foward to seeing you there Chris and the Epping Team
Reviewed 5 March 2018

5 of us attended on Sunday for my grandsons 11th birthday - 2 had fixed Sunday menu which had a good choice and was good value for money - I had scallops, husband had Calamari - both had 10oz ribeye steak - excellent very tasty
My grandson also had calamari starter then chose 2 side dishes for his main course which he enjoyed - his parents had prawn starter plus chicken chipotle - both excellent and they then shared a Tomahawk steak which they loved
Mentioned to waitress that it was my grandsons birthday and when his dessert came up it had candles in and script saying Happy Birthday - he was a little embarrassed but secretly loved it
Overall a lovely way to spend a Sunday - we all had a great lunch

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Epping Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Elizabeth H, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us on Sunday. Thank you for your lovely comments, we are so happy to hear that you had a great lunch. We look forward to your return and hopefully we will achieve that 5 star review!
Have a fantastic day,

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Looking forward to another great steak after my last visit, sadly not this time firstly they have 6 reds on the wine list but 2 Malbec and a Rioja perfect for steaks were out of stock so 50% of the red wines not available.
Now my steak a 50 day matured corn fed rib eye last time fantastic this time the first try was medium well as opposed to just medium the changed one I am still not convinced was the special rib eye as it looked more like the standard version 12 oz not 8oz it was medium but was an ok steak not great. The service was good the wine in the end was ok but I would have preferred the Malbec. I am sure it was just an off day

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Epping Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hello GJ,
Thank you for your honest feedback, we hope that on your next visit we will do better and achieve a five star rating.
Kind Regards
Team Epping.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

So Miller & Carter is owned by the same people that own The Harvester and the Toby carvery. They are called Mitchells and Butler‘s and they own lots of pubs that are very reasonably priced and in my opinion Miller & Carter is much better than the other offerings at the harvester and the Toby carvery. I think the food is excellent value for money, and the service is very friendly. I went with the family about two weeks ago and we had a very nice steak and although it wasn’t first class it was very reasonably priced and we also sampled an excellent Mojito too. It wasn’t very busy when we went mid week which was perfect for us. I would have given it five stars but the onion loaf that I had was extremely greasy and the waitress didn’t mention that we had pretty much left the whole thing! Other than that it was a really enjoyable experience and they have some decent choices for kids too.

1  Thank Alfonso Z
General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Epping Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Alfonso Z, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2018

we went as a family party of 9 and received a warm welcome. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the service is excellent. The choice of food is good and we all went for the Sunday three course fixed menu. Portion sizes fine, presentation good and food was well received by all. Only two small comments.
My wife and I ordered our steaks rare and medium rare and sadly they were cold. I guess in trying to cook a steak rare they did not cook it long enough to stay hot. The second comment concerned the drinks. A glass of wine at £8.20 is a bit of a rip off. Take 9 people and probably two drinks each and the bill comes as bit of a shock. Overall a good place to eat but watch the bill.

Hi Bougivalbob, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!
Thank you very much for your comments hopefully when you come back to see us again we would suggest that you buy a bottle of wine as if there a few drinking the same wine it would work out cheaper for you next time round.

Team Epping.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Had lunch Sunday 25/2/2018 had the set menu ! The starter took an half an hour to arrive at the table which I had the chilli chicken my partner had this scollops which were both good then had to wait over an hour for the main course my partner had fillet steak which was basicaly over cooked but edible I had the boneless robe which were fatty and the dish was cold ! The waitress was showing a trainee the ropes and was apologising for the wait of the food ! I complained and would have at least expected to seen a senior member of staff ! £92 and spending that would have expected to be treated more cordially !

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Epping Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Hi Peter W, we regret to hear that you are displeased with your recent experience with us. Please feel free to ring us and discuss your visit with us as we would like to resolve the issue.
Kind regards,