“Christmas Eve Lunch”

The Talbot Harvester
Ranked #54 of 67 Restaurants in Epping
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At The Talbot Harvester in Epping food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Epping, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Harlow, Chipping Ongar and Moreton, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 25 December 2017

Booked a table on Saturday for Christmas Eve and had a relaxed lunch with Daughter and her Husband. Waitress was
not very customer friendly or hadn't had a good day - couldn't raise a smile, forgot our drinks order! No problem with the food - Ultimate mixed grill was great and chicken and Sea bass was fine.

General Manager A, Manager at The Talbot Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

My team and I would like to thank you for your kind rating and comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Do not try to book a table for 3 at this restaurant, the website will refuse you! Either use "open table" or book for 4 and only three turn up. The manager tells me that she has reported this IT fault to head office over 9 months ago and still no action.
The building is suffering from a very tired condition, cracked tiles on the floor taped together, toilet seat broken, paintwork chipped and faded, the food was up to usual Harvester Standards - i.e. totally satisfactory, edible, prompt, reasonably hot, the big redeeming feature waa the waitress - Lorna.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Never before have I been treated so poorly by staff at a restaurant. Food was terrible and what was meant to be a ribeye steak was a small lump of gristle. The burger tasted like it was frozen! I can get far better food for half the price at the local pub.

When we spoke to the manager, she was very rude and criticised us of “just wanting to get free food”. They took no money off our bill and didn’t offer us anything. I cannot believe how rude they were! Will never go there again. Definitely would NOT recommend it.

General Manager A, Manager at The Talbot Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Rhys,

Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We hope you are willing to give us another chance. Please reach out to us at 441992523966 so we can work towards a resolution.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I came today whilst visiting my dad and stepmum. I travelled from Nottinghamshire. We had lunch at the Talbot. I found the place and environment was lovely. It looked and felt country. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Even when my dad was cracking jokes. The food was gorgeous and great value for money. Loved the idea of helping yourself to the salad. I found the whole visit memorable and I would highly recommend. Thanks you for making my day trip lovely. Please thank your staff too. Thanks Angela x

1  Thank Angela M

Dear Angela,

My team and I would like to thank you for your kind rating and your valuable comments . We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Went to the harvester on the 29-11-17 walked in at approximately 1.00 sat down to order the smell of fat coming from the pass was disgusting I was only in there a few minutes my clothes stank of cooking odoursi I got up and left won’t be going back shame used this place for years but never again

General Manager A, Manager at The Talbot Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Michael,

We truly appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve. We regret that you weren't satisfied with your experience. We hope you will give us another chance. Please call us at 01992523966 so we can work towards a solution. Thank you and have a great day.