“Evening meal ”

The Talbot Harvester
Ranked #56 of 68 Restaurants in Epping
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At The Talbot Harvester in Epping food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Epping, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Harlow, Chipping Ongar and Moreton, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on the way from a day out at the steam railway, nothing special food was ok, toilets stunk.staff were friendly and helpful

General Manager A, Manager at The Talbot Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Nigel,

My team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to send a review. I am sorry we didn't hit your standards and I hope we can do better when you next come in.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We went this evening for dinner, the restaurant had several empty tables but we were told that we could not get a table for about 30 minutes or we could order at the bar! We chose the latter and wished we never bothered. My partners meal and our child’s were ok but mine was appalling! The fries had been over cooked and the peas looked like tinned ones that had been over cooked too! Staff never came over to check if our food was ok, they just didn’t bother!! If the manager of the restaurant would like to comment on this, I would love to hear the excuse for such bad food! As I said to my partner, the meal was a total waste of money. This restaurant used to be good and it’s gone down hill, we have eaten in the Colchester Harvester and the food was excellent! My advice is don’t bother, find somewhere else to eat rather than waste your money in this establishment!

General Manager A, Manager at The Talbot Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear Robert J

My team and I would like to thank you for your review. I am dissapointed to hear that you didn't have a good experience at the Talbot Harvester, but we value all opinions good or bad, as it helps us to strive to be better. If you would like to dicuss this matter further, then please contact me on 01992 523966.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

This is a mixed review. On one side, food and service. I could not complain. In fact I’ll say it was typical Harvester food, good and I knew what I was going to get. The service was fast and friendly. However, it could be improved, 4 bar staff with not enough to do while 4 people served the rest of restaurant with too much to do.

This is the nasty bit. The building and facilities is extremely run down.

Now the really nasty bit, I was very disgusted and don’t normally do this but be warned if you have to use the toilets. See pictures. It’s a good thing you can’t smell the pictures.

Is this a family restaurant in England? Yes. BLOODY DISGUSTING.

General Manager A, Manager at The Talbot Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear guest,

I am glad that you had a nice meal and service. But extremely disappointed that our toilets was not looked after during your visit and will be dealt with straight away. For something like that to ruin our chefs and waitresses hard work to make your trip a satisfying one, it is a blow for us. But I thank you for bringing this to our attention. Without feedback like this, we are unable to move forwards and raise our standards.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Went for a quick meal out chose the Talbot in epping it was very nice, seated very quickly upstairs. Food was good wasn't impressed with whiskey sauce or the garlic prawns bit of a waste of price if you ask me. But a nice venue and very warm service

General Manager A, Manager at The Talbot Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

My team and I would like to thank you for your kind review and pleased that we hit your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.

Artur Janiak
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Great food and quick service. Food was all hot and portion sizes were good compared to most harvesters! Salad bar was stocked and fresh. Only complaint was the man in charge of seating us was quite blunt and not overly welcoming.

General Manager A, Manager at The Talbot Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Deare Charlotte,

My team and would like to thank you for your rating and kind comments. We are very happy that you had a great time and we look forward to see you again very soon.

Artur Janiak