Pontlands Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$69
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
US$149
US$84
Toprooms.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Chelmsford City Centre Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$99
The County Hotel(Chelmsford)
US$164
Premier Inn Chelmsford (Boreham) Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$109
US$168
PremierInn.com
All reviewsafternoon teaspa facilitieswonderful weddingsandwicheswedding breakfastlovely hotellovely groundswedding receptionlounge barperfect venuechristmas dayevery member of staffstayed for one nightwaiting staffsunday lunchcouldn't faultbirthday party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2015

We arranged a children's party here the place is stunning very well refurbished and well worth a visit if staying in the area.
Our party was what you call a smooth fantastic event, cannot fault the management they are all over it to please everybody, the food was fantastic and the service was outstanding.
All in all a great place beautiful setting and will continue returning and recommend this to anybody for any events

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martino B
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2015

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent party here at Pontlands Park.
It is always a pleasure to hear that people have enjoyed their events with us and will be recommending us and returning themselves.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Drove up the long road to find a charming building.
From the moment we stepped in everything was great.
Even had sunday lunch and was superb.
I took my son oliver and my wife. Had an explore around and found a small play area not too far from hotel.
Thankyou for the comfy stay and fabulous staff

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2015

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with your family.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and were well looked after by the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2015

I was tired after an overnight flight over the Atlantic from the States. I arrived there in the morning and although checkin was not until mid afternoon they allowed me to check in right away. It was great to take a nap and get a shower before going to work for the afternoon.
The room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Even though this is an old hotel the bathroom has been updated to the best of today's standards. Loved the atmosphere. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2015

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us and I am pleased that we were still on your mind six months after your visit!
I am glad the team looked after you and were able to allow you early access to your room after the long journey.
We look forward to welcoming you back if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 30 April 2015

We booked my Ladies Night at this venue on the strength of enjoying the last two New Years Eve parties here.
We had a wonderful night - the food and the service was excellent - nothing was too much trouble for the waiting staff .
We had very good service from the management team from the moment we booked the venue , so much so , that we have booked for a Summer Ball in June and look forward to the same excellent experience .

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynndlou
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2015

Thank you for your review following your recent event here at Pontlands Park.
I am pleased that once again you enjoyed a fantastic evening with us and were well looked after by the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in June and hopefully on many more occasions.

Reviewed 29 April 2015 via mobile

Checked in and was asked if we would be using the leisure facilities which close in 1 hour?? Err no. Given the key and directed to the room, which I must say was worthy of the 140 per night. Went down to the bar,had a few drinks,then returned to our room to get ready for our friends party at this venue. My partner made us a coffee. We then attended said party and returned to our room around 1am.On waking at 9.45 I phoned reception to ask breakfast times, I was told it had closed??!! I then requested some fresh milk for coffee which hadn't arrived by 10.40, so we checked out not even having a morning hot drink.
There was no information pack in the room and reception offered very little assistance.After a thoroughly enjoyable night we were left very disappointed next morning and I must say I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank jr n
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us and I am pleased you liked your room.
Having read your review and looked in to it I can see that there are some areas where we let you down but there are also some inaccuracies within your review, I asked tripadvisor to remove it because of this but they would not so I feel it is only fair that I mention them here.
We are only a three star hotel and whilst this is not an excuse, it is not always clear to customers because of how the building and facilities look and feel.
I can see from the paperwork that you checked in moments after 3pm, this means that you would have been able to use the leisure facilities for 3 hours before they closed, as well as the following day until 12 noon.
Each bedroom has a directory of services in the desk drawer, this is not an unusual place for an item like this to be kept and anyone would have advised you of this if you had mentioned you couldn't find it.
I am disappointed that the team did not try to offer you a late breakfast and have spoken to them about this and the time your milk took to arrive.
I am sorry that we failed you during your visit and that you feel you would not return.