Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
US$219
US$213
Premier Inn Chelmsford City Centre Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Restaurant
US$94
US$84
The County Hotel(Chelmsford)
US$95
US$74
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Chelmsford (Boreham) Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$99
US$123
US$103
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

Greenwoods Hotel & Spa(Stock)
US$159
All reviewsafternoon teaspa facilitiessandwicheswonderful weddingwedding breakfastlovely hotellounge barwedding receptionlovely groundsperfect venuechristmas dayevery member of staffstayed for one nightspecial occasionwaiting staffbirthday partysunday lunch
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Pontlands is a great little gem of a hotel located in parkland about 5km from the centre of Chelmsford.

The rooms are enormous (by almost any measure!), and well (and comfortably) equipped. It is very quiet at night, and I had a good night's sleep both nights I stayed there. The rooms are also capable of maintaining sub-tropical temperatures - which is great if you like a warm room! I only wish my house retained heat like my hotel room did!

Food at breakfast was good - a good selection for the continental option, and the cooked option was enormous! Service was also very good and friendly - for the restaurant and reception.

I was travelling on business, and didn't use any of the other facilities (like the gym and spa), so can't comment here.

I would visit again!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Pontlands Park. I am pleased you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your peaceful bedroom. I hope when you are next in the area whether it is for business or leisure, you come back and stay with us again, perhaps make use of our neighbouring leisure centre Reflections, which is free to use as a hotel resident.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We attended a friends surprise 70th birthday party here and had a fantastic time! The staff were friendly, professional and did a great job helping to organizing the night.
I usually feel let down by the food at large catered events but I was so surprised, the food was amazing, my wife had the halibut and I had the lamb which was beautifully cooked to perfection. I look forward to coming back to try the restaurant!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you had a fantastic time at your friends surprise birthday party at Pontlands Park. It is fantastic you found the staff friendly and professional, which I will gladly pass on to the team. It is wonderful you are already considering returning and dining in The Restaurant at Pontlands Park. We look forward in seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We were invited to a friend's 70th birthday at Pontlands.
As we lived in London we decided to stay the night. This was a good decision.
Our room had been recently refurbished to a high standard. It was large and airy with a superb bathroom. We particularly liked the luxuriously bath sheets. Breakfast was traditional ,served buffet style.
The hotel even offers fresh milk with your morning tea.
The party for our friend was excellent. Over eighty sat down to the dinner.
For mass catering the result was incredible.My main course of halibut and mussels would have graced any restaurant.
Service both in the restaurant and bar was very professional
So if in this part of Essex I'd really recommend Pontlands Place.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Pontlands Park. I am pleased you chose to stay with us and found your room of a high standard. It is fantastic to hear you had an excellent time at the function held at Pontlands Park and found the service to be very professional. I hope when you are next in the area you come back and stay with us again, perhaps make use of our neighbouring leisure centre Reflections, which is free to use as a hotel resident.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Stayed here last year, a gift from one of our lads, even better than before. The spa is a nicely laid out bonus, 2 swimming pools, steam, sauna and excercise rooms. Rooms are fine, only downside they lack a fridge (the upside being you don't raid the mini bar). Staff are excellent, attentive but not pushy. Breakfast was very good, everything available. Restaurant was fine but there are many alternatives within a ten minute drive so you can vary your dinner experiences. Room can get a bit warm, turn the radiators down and crack a top window to resolve. Nice base if you want to take a tour round the area. Would stay again no problem.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Pontlands Park. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and used the facilities at our neighbouring leisure centre Reflections, which is free to use as a hotel resident. I hope when you are next in the area you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

This was a afternoon tea for a party of 22. Pontlands is a very nice hotel. Afternoon tea which was a Christmas special tea which had some lovely little extras. Service was very good too. Certainly will not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon tea celebration and hope you will return again in the near future, perhaps for dinner in The Restaurant At Pontlands Park