“Best Fish & Chips in London”

Oh My Cod Hornchurch
Get food delivered
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #7 of 12 Quick Bites in Hornchurch
Reviewed 14 August 2021

These are the best fish and chips I have eaten in entire of London. The portions are ginormous. Even the small chips is quite a challenge. Great fresh crispy fish!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed 10 July 2021 via mobile

Sad to report that the size of large donner that usually feeds my dogs and I has microsized as have the family portion of chips. I also noticed that staff were more focused on taking orders rather than serve the food that had been cooked. A sad day from what was once the best chippy around. I would welcome other recommendations as I doubt I will revisit this establishment.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 28 May 2021

Used to be an amazing place, about a year ago we would travel the 3 miles to get our kofte and lamb shish from there because it was delicious however this is not the case anymore.
The lamb was more fat than lamb, tiny chunks and mainly fat. My OH;s kofte was burnt and curled all around the sides.
Speaking of sides the salad has somehow halved (at the very least). They have changed the size of the seperate salad containers and the amount is laughable, i shook the salad and it filled half the container.
Used to love this place, I suspect new greedy management.
Avoid.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Ordered delivery from their website last night. The ordering was very good on their website. Not much choice in size of fish. Either large cod, which was overpriced at £10, or £6.90 for a small cod. Delivery was £3, which also was is too much. But, was willing to try as a recommendation. Food arrived hot and on time. My large fish was big, but over cooked. Very dry. My partners small cod was the size of a battered sausage and also overcooked. We actually did, at first, thought they sent a battered sausage by mistake! Chips were good, though. For £25 for 2 people, we was quite disappointed with the food. The fish was well overpriced for what you got........tasteless and overcooked fish. Sorry, but at those prices for pretty average food, we won’t be going back.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 6 March 2021

Didn't even want to give it one star. Where do I start? Last night waited in the cold for 25 minutes only to hear the cooks telling the workers not to serve customers in the shop the large cods (for telephone orders only) No proper queuing system which meant no social distancing. Will take your order, then take your money and go and serve other people. What kind of business thinks its OK for customers to ask where their order is?
Shambolic and no concept of customer service

Date of visit: March 2021