1,536 results
All reviews multi storey shopping centre amusement park adventure island high street family room large room bar and restaurant lovely view tea and coffee weekend break full english pier sea southend funfair estuary
Reviewed 26 August 2016

I do not usually write reviews but i just cannot stop myself from telling potential customers just how shocking this hotel was. I stayed here last Saturday evening for southend carnival. First of all the hotel is not even close to being worth £200 for one nights stay, the rooms are basic and the food very average at best. The main reason for my compliant however is what i witnessed at the reception front desk, i had to go down to check for a taxi and the first thing i noticed whilst standing in the queue was a man who was being told to go away and having the room canceled by a front desk member i believe called anne or annya. I witnessed the whole situation and all the guy had done was booked a room through lastroom but according to the front desk lady it was all his fault not her problem, she gave him the most disgusting attitude i have ever seen from a front desk member, it was so bad that the man eventually walked out throwing a pen on the ground, she then starting laughing to her colleague about it loving her power trip. Customers were complaining in all directions from broken glass in the rooms to not being able to get drinks at the bar and one guy couldn't get in his room and had been waiting for over an hour for maintenance. I saw all this is short space of time of 20 mins waiting for a taxi, god knows how many more issues the hotel had that night and others. To add insult to injury when the lady with the broken glass in the room asked for the manager she was told that the same reception lady was is charge, i just cringed in disbelief that a hotel of this size would actually allow her to run the place. Stay well away from this faulty towers and park inn wake up and look at your constant complaints and start to accept that your hotel is an utter shambles.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
JordanButlerOps, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear John,

thank you for reviewing the hotel. I was sorry to read of the issues with the reception team. I am the new hotel Operations Manager and I am currently in the process of reviewing all departments and how we can improve the guest experience.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

This hotel is in a great location and is quite a nice hotel. Our first room was at the side on the 5th floor but had a view of the beach as well. Breakfast was great in a room that overlooked the seafront. Breakfast staff friendly and efficient. The only downside is not having its own car park, so be sure to factor in £15 per day for parking. Luckily we had spotted that, so it wasn’t a surprise.

What a shame however about one or two members of Front of House letting the hotel down.

When we first arrived, one receptionist, Natasha was busy checking someone else in and the other one was doing her best to avoid making eye contact. In the end, I decided to just go for it and she reluctantly started to check us in and then the phone rang. She picked it up and proceeded to chat on what was obviously a personal call, completely ignoring us and making no attempt to cut the call short. After a few minutes, Natasha had finished checking in the other guest and realised we were being ignored took over. She was very friendly and efficient.

When we got to our room there we noticed how hot it was and went over to the aircon to try to work it. It was obvious it was broken and there was a fan in the room, we guess to replace that, but thought we’d open the windows instead. Despite having opening instructions on them they were bolted shut! After an uncomfortable night with no air (the fan wasn’t adequate for such a big room) we called reception. A maintenance engineer appeared fairly quickly and confirmed the windows were indeed bolted shut, which they shouldn’t have been and said he’d come back later and sort them. We arrived back that evening to find he hadn’t returned. We now had a window that was wide open and wouldn’t shut, one window still bolted shut and no air conditioning, so we called reception. They said they’d send up the assistant manager. A man appeared and checked it out and said maintenance had gone home and he would get us another room on the 5th floor with sea view and he’d get a trolley to move our stuff. Given the uncomfortable night we’d had before and the offer of a full sea view room we decided to go for it. So we waited, and waited and waited….

Eventually I phoned reception and asked what was happening as we needed to go out as we had a dinner reservation. I was told someone was coming with a key and I was hung up on. After another 10 minutes or so, a woman appeared at our door with keys for a 3rd floor room with no sea view. We said that we had been offered a 5th floor room with sea view and she shrugged and said that was all they had. Why on earth were we offered something that wasn’t even available? We went to have a look at the room and decided that as the aircon was working we’d take it, so we went back up to pack our stuff and realised the promised trolley wasn’t anywhere in sight. I phoned down yet again and was told one would be brought up. We waited and waited and waited.

By now we were very late for our reservation and decided to just carry our stuff to the new room. We spotted the woman who’d given us the keys on our way down and told her we’d got fed up with waiting and she shrugged and said she couldn’t find a trolley. Another promise broken.

We dashed out to dinner and on our way out saw 5 people standing on reception staring at us. Not one word of apology, but obvious we had been the subject of their conversation.

My daughter emailed the hotel on our return and as yet a week later hasn’t had the courtesy of a reply let alone an apology.

I’d actually recommend this hotel, but someone seriously needs to give a shake-up of the few members of staff who are letting the great ones down and this is why I have given a low score.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
JordanButlerOps, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am the new Operations Manager for the hotel and have started this week. I am sorry to read of the disappointment with the air conditioning in the room and how you did not feel some of the staff up to standard. I will be working hard with our management team to drive the standards of the hotel over the coming weeks and months.

Please feel free to contact me directly on Jordan.Butler@rezidorparkinn.com with your email and I will be happy to review and come back to you.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We paid £250+. Had it been quarter of that price it might have overlooked some of faults. On he positives, nice view. Negatives... Very thin walls (we had noisy neighbours), next door neighbours could look into our room from balcony, shower only (no bath), Tv remote broken, no glasses in room ( and when I requested some they told me to go to the bar), noisy at night due to wedding reception, rubbish breakfast. Very slow checkout. Overall impression- cheap and nasty..

Date of stay: August 2016
JordanButlerOps, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I was sorry to read of the faults that you had with your room. I will pass your comments onto our Housekeeping Manager to ensure that our room attendants are checking the TV's and ensuring there are glasses in the bathroom.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Park inn
A strange hotel in a wonderful position.
Large and soulless but it nearly works. Family Rooms large with air con, sparsely furnished but comfortable and modern. Décor plain and clean.
View from the front amazing over the Thames estuary. Price's reasonable and staff friendly, good for kids. Restaurant café style ok for breakfast but eat out at night.
Bar always empty and looks deserted.
Southend seems to be a large expensive fun fare with a very long pier And one very long shopping street. Beach sand and pebbles but the sea vanishes twice a day, half a mile out.

Room tip: book direct and get deals if you can vary your days. Big discounts can apply.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JordanButlerOps, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I was disappointed to see you did not enjoy aspects of your stay and will be sure to pass this on to the management team for us to review.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel. Was not impressed with the time I spent in there went for a shower the soap dish was not secured properly fortunately it missed my toes somebody had dropped bleach all over the carpet had a door leading on to a little balcony had to push the screws back in to shut the door. Went to breakfast could not believe there was one chef on and one waitress they worked there hearts out. They were completely over whelmed this weekend was a major sporting event and a lot of people wanted breakfast

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I was dissapointed to see that you did not enjoy staying at the hotel. I will be reviewing the Food & Drink Rota's to ensure that we have appropriate staffing levels for breakfast.