1,858 results
All reviews spa treatments lazy sunday a la carte menu golf weekend buffet style leisure facilities links course sauna and steam room play golf executive room great weekend an overnight stay full body massage brasserie gym squash venue
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

Arrived at the resort and although a golf resort as a non player was pleasantly surprised by the other facilities available on site, nice little gym to rival any hotel in which I have stayed a nice pleasure pool and a lovely cocktail bar which cost me an entire evening! The room was large and the bathroom well equipped. Only criticism would be functionality of the air conditioning could have been more efficient. But a very nice place in all, even the Mrs didn't moan!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

May I thank you for your lovely review of your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes and thank you also for the five stars you have awarded us.

I am delighted to read that as a new guest, your experience at the hotel was an enjoyable one for both you and your wife and that you were impressed with all the facilities the hotel has on site.

I do hope that you were able to mention to reception any problem you had with the AC, who would have arranged for maintenance to visit and check.

Thank you again for your feedback and hopefully we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With kind regards.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Lovely reception area, nice bedroom, comfortable beds, good facilities, however, all let down by friendly, but not very communicative staff. I stay in hotels every month on business and every other place I stay, the staff tell you what you need to know when you check in such as where breakfast is served, and at what time, where your room is etc.

At the Five Lakes, I was simply given my key card and told what my room number was. I had to phone down to reception to find out what time breakfast was served.

Also, the hotel has opted for an online guide to the hotel which is accessed via the TV in the room, however it was impossible to find out the information I needed.

The breakfast wasn't great and again, no one told us how it worked and I ended up chasing a busy waiter around the restaurant to find out where to get a cup of tea!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes.

I am pleased that you found your accommodation well appointed and comfortable and the hotel’s facilities good.

However, please accept my apologies that you were not appraised with general information about the hotel on arrival, which is essential for new visitors and later, the information available on hotel’s TV channel did not help either. Both these points have now been shared with my Rooms Director who will take appropriate action.

Furthermore, I am also sorry that your experience at breakfast the following morning did not meet your expectations and my Food & Beverage Manager and Restaurant Manager have been notified accordingly.

May I thank you again for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor as this helps us understand the guest journey, so that going forward we can improve on both product and service.

I do hope that despite your comments, you may have an occasion to return in the future

Thank you again for your constructive comments.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

a nice place to come relax for a couple of days,not to much activity going on so you can just sit back,relax,and have a good time.
the pool was good and jacuzzi was great and the grounds where vast and very well maintained. Staff where really helpful and friendlily so would highly recommend this hotel.
one down side is the is no Air con in the rooms so in the summer its gets a bit stuffy.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

I am delighted to receive your lovely feedback following your visit to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes and I am very pleased that you found your visit to be so relaxing.

All our team members will always do their utmost to ensure that every guest’s stay is enjoyable and memorable and therefore, your positive feedback about them is gratefully received.

The Village rooms do not have air conditioning and I am sorry that during this current hot spell you felt a little discomfort although fans are available in all Village rooms.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes.

With kind regards.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

We had been looking forward to this break for our friends wedding for over a year and had booked this break well in advance.
We were allocated a room in The Village and it was cramped, small and certainly not the refurbished room that is promised on the website.
The bathroom was stained and dirty with dead flies littering the windowsill, shower and bath and the suite itself looked tired and grubby. There was no air conditioning although we did found an exceptionally noisy fan in the wardrobe.
Everytime someone in the building used a tap or the toilet the pipes clunked, clanged and whooshed for a good three minutes after and the high-speed wifi was close to useless and kept logging us off or going very very slow.
There was a large convention of fitness instructors who insisted on playing loud, heavy beat music until the early hours of the morning and then starting again by 8am - not a pleasant stay at all!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel building!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kara G

May I first of all thank you for choosing our hotel as your preferred local hotel destination. However, I am sorry to read that your visit did not meet your expectations.

Please accept my sincere apologies that our normal high standards of housekeeping had lapsed in your accommodation on this occasion and I can assure you that your feedback has already been shared with my Head Housekeeper who will action immediate resolves.

Your comment regarding the noise emanating from the pipe work in the Village block is noted and I have already spoken to my Maintenance Manage who will investigate this matter and I am sorry that you were disturbed by it. Similarly, it is most inconsiderate that music was playing into the early hours by other guests and if we had been made aware, our night team will react appropriately and I am sorry this caused you a restless night’s sleep.

The hotel does have a strong WIFI signal however, signal strength is be dependent on your phone and your location within the complex, although the majority of our guests do not experience this issue, so please accept our apologies.

Thank you again for highlighting some issues that were disappointing to you as it is only by understanding the guest experience that we are able to improve both product and service.

I do hope that we may have an occasion to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes in the future.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for the wedding and reception of my brother-in-law. The place is beautiful and the room was clean and spacious. The service was good and the breakfast was yummy. The entire family had such a lovely time at the wedding. We just had a slight problem with the early check-in we arranged and the reception wasn't immediately helpful even if they knew we had a ceremony to catch. But all in all, it was a lovely experience.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Thank you for your generous four stars following your visit to the hotel to attend the wedding celebrations of your brother-in-law.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and all things that you experienced met and hopefully, exceeded your expectations. I do take on board your comments regarding the pre-arranged early check-in and I am sorry if you experienced any delay at the time.

Having experienced the hotel now, I do hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Kind regards