“Working stay”

Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Thurrock
Reviewed 23 February 2017

I have been working in the area and my company booked this hotel for me. I was placed in the quiet end of the hotel at the end of the corridor by the extremely helpful receptionist. This guarantees a nice peaceful nights sleep.
The receptionist who I now know to be called Vicky was really helpful and advised me on local facilities and even offered me a laundry service which has proved to be a great help during my prolonged stay.
The breakfast staff are really helpful but the evening staff tend to give the impression that, sometimes, you are imposing on them and as I work late and sometimes only just catch the cut off time for food at 9.45 pm, part of my stay includes the meal deal, great value at £23.99, breakfast and 2 course evening meal with drink.
The later you arrive the more rushed the service can be, you get the impression that the staff are rushing to complete there shift and the level of service seems to become less customer focussed and more attention seems to go into clearing the restaurant as quickly as they can. I have even had both courses brought to me at once.
This is the only criticism I can make of the hotel staff as, in general, the level of service is first class. Whilst working away from home is not ideal, the hotel staff have made life away from the family and home comforts bearable and overall make my stay with there cheery greetings and helpful attitude. I would give the service a 5 star review apart from the evening staff in the bar and restaurant area..

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor with higher numbers are quieter, the further you are from the reception are...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Came here in December for a shopping trip as it was just up the road from Lakeside. Even though Lakeside is walking distance I would recommend driving there instead as we found walking back with our shopping challenging.
The room was basic and I paid £100 for one night so it wasn't great value but we had a good nights sleep.
Breakfast in the restaurant next door was good with a nice selection of food to choose from.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Premier inn was very accommodating on our weekend. As we wasn't from the area they helped by booking all of our taxis and recommending places to go. The room was fantastic including a surprise bonus of towel swans rose petals and loveheart scattered on the bed as it was valentines weekend. Parking was very good and plenty of it. Checking in online 2 days prior to visit was very straightforward and saves time upon arrival. Room facilities was great then bed was comfy and everywhere clean. Overall our stay was fantastic x

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Ideally suited for shopping at lakeside Shopping centre. Don't try walking much easier and safer using car from hotel to lakeside 5 mins. Hotel room clean warm very comfortable bed. Reception staff very polite and welcoming. We suffered with noise until 3am from inconsiderate guest above. Premier Inn volunteered info of good night sleep policy and refunded stay. I would not recommend buffet breakfast served in adjacent Brewers Fayre. Nothing was put out together making eating a full breakfast impossible without multiple trips back to the buffet. Had to ask for coffee mugs and for coffee machine to be restocked. Staff not out worldy rude but could see the impatience on there faces. Overall recommend Premiere Inn stay away from breakfast cheaper and better elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2017

clean, comfortable, friendly. Restaurant is the pub across the road which served food till 10pm and drinks till 11pm. The food was acceptable no complaints really. The room was nice and clean and we requested a quiet room so we was put in the back of the hotel far away which was ideal for us. (nice and quite) The hotel is quite close to the train line so you could hear/feel the trains every so often but this doesn't last all night and didn't impact on our stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Stifford Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Stifford
5.2 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge

Been to Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel? Share your experiences!