Lowest prices for your stay
US$132
US$119
Hotels.com
US$132
eDreamsUS$119
Trip.comUS$196
TravelocityUS$132
All reviews sea view cliffs pavilion street parking afternoon tea would stay again thames estuary lovely view sandwiches lovely room breakfast was excellent stayed for one night town centre sea front westcliff southend seaside venue
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

Very Tidy and clean Hotel and same for the room . Comfortable beds and even the Telly worked. Only the Bath Panel let the room down as it was rotting away ( room 308 by the way)
Only stayed one night but the Staff I did come into contact with were very friendly and attentive.
BIG letdown was the Breakfast unfortunately. On top of the £150 for the room I paid an additional £11 per head for myself and my 2 children,so £33. There was only the choice of 3 or 4 cereals then the very poor buffet style fry up which consisted of greasy fried eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms. All quite standard. But where was the variety?? This is 2021, not everyone wants a greasy spoon fry up. Where’s the selection of Pastries?, FRUIT???, maybe Yoghurt? Only one choice of Juice and if I’m really fussy perhaps offer alternatives to milk?
I think at £11 per breakfast you Guys have really let yourselves down and I think in this day and age people want variety and quality and I would have given 4 stars if the breakfast had been anywhere near nice. Myself and my 13 year old son did Brave the breakfast but my 10 year old daughter opted for a slice of tomato on dry toast. We did have plans to Spend the next few hours in the famous Themepark riding Rollercoasters etc but needless to say that soon after breakfast my Son and I felt Bloody awful so it’s fair to say that the breakfast Scuppered our plans and the whole reason for our little Jaunt to Southend.
In Short, Nice Hotel and nice Staff but Breakfast looks and tastes like it’s from the mid 80’S.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager Westcliff Hotel, General Manager at Muthu Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Dear Guest
We are pleased to read that you found the staff helpful and friendly
we note your comments and will pass them on to the F & B Manager

Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

The staff were helpful, friendly.The restaurant food was delicious. I would highly recommend the hotel as 10/10 place to stay. I have to mention a member of the staff , Brilliant he was all over the place working hard in all area's as highly motivated memberof staff. We nick named him Manwell. T/Y. Keep up the good work

Room tip: Relax and enjoy and say Hello to Manwell
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
General Manager Westcliff Hotel, General Manager at Muthu Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review I will pass on your comments to Bob and Anthony
We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 16 July 2021

Muthu Westcliff Hotel, Southend on Sea. Stayed 2 nights mid-July 2021. First impressions, really lovely. An older building, yes, but does not require the "lick of paint" that so many do. At least this is true of those areas that we traversed to/from/thru. Very nice indeed. Room lovely, spotless, bathroom shower works well. Restaurante spotless. All the staff from all departments were helpful and wanting to please. Special mention to restaurante staff Karen, and Shanice: absolutely lovely. At various meal times were very courteous, professional and great to chat with. There is no advanced parking booking available here, simply purchase your parking on arrival only (Location code 02088 - Mobon app). We parked directly outside the Hotel front door. Longest Pier in the world is only 15 minute walk away. We had a lovely time here.

Dear Guest
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 13 July 2021

Excellent customer service, had a little mix up with the room I booked, however Bob on front of house was super helpful and very professional. He was very good and patient and solved our mix up with ease and pleasure. Fantastic welcome, the room is just what we wanted and with an amazing view. Nice size and with all the little extras I wanted for my boyfriends birthday.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager Westcliff Hotel, General Manager at Muthu Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Dear Guest
Great 5* review thank you we are pleased to see that we ticked all the boxes and that you had a great stay with us
we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

Stayed here Wednesday until Sunday. Lovely entrance. Friendly reception. After that corridor to rooms, carpet drab paint work chipping. We paid £389 for 4 nights. Compact room, very dated. Bathroom large. Due to covid no cleaning services unless requested. Had a meal one night. Only one girl on to take orders and serve food.Service extremely slow. In the toilets behind the bar, they have a staff toilet in there. As a nurse, I was told if your patients toilets are not good enough for you, they are not good enough for them. If staff were not using visitors toilets, were they not safe/ good enough for them.
Good spot. Within walking distance to all facilities.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
We note your comments and glad to see you found our staff friendly