“Absolutely delicious and Perfect for vegans!!”

South Garden Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve never written a review before but I was so impressed with the range of vegan options I just had to share it. I had sweet and sour mock prawn Cantonese style, Singapore rice and vegan crispy chilli chicken - hands down the best meat alternatives I’ve had in the year since becoming vegan. The food was freshly cooked and absolutely delicious! I couldn’t fault it. Why can’t other restaurants do it like this?! I’m not sure whether it’s a good or bad thing that I only live a few doors away - I’m going to be visiting regularly to try the rest of the vegan dishes! Well done, South Garden!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of us eats meant, the other is vegan so it is often a challenge to find somewhere that we are both happy with.This is one of those rare places where we both feel there is plenty of choice. Great customer service here also. Our waiter was friendly, very happy to advise on both menus. Spent time chatting about dishes. All food well presented and they checked back to see if all was okay with our meal. We'll certainly be going back. They mentioned changing meals to suit diners with gluten and dairy intolerances, so I am sure they'd be happy to serve something that works with those diets.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband an I ate here on his birthday. We were completely spoilt by the staff and had the best Chinese meal we've had in a very long time! Portion sizes were generous and the dim sum was delicious.
We will be going back again soon and taking our friends. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food is delicious never mind the incredible selection of food in the separate vegan menu. We have been three times and never had anything I didn’t like. It’s now in my top favourite restaurant and will go regularly. Very friendly staff too!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A very pleasant meal. Better than I can get in Northamptonshire. Very attentive staff. Pleasant surroundings. They even gave us a complimentary lychee wine after out meal. Would go again and recommend to friends.
The food was lovely. Are far to much but that’s life.