“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Probalby The Best Indian Restaurant I Have Been In Anywhere
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I popped out for a quick bite mid week.
Attentive staff, everything arrived quickly. The food was delicious, some of the best we have tasted. We would definitely recommend the Tawa Chicken Sizzler if you like something different with some spice.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Have used this for both takeaway and sit in. Consistently good.
Very polite staff let down by a rude & abrupt English receptionist. Customer services is exceptional they always go that extra little bit to please, despite,on several occasions,not having our booking they still accommodated us. My advice is to not use the online booking service.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely Evening with Lovely music! Grateful for best reception.Great foods...Good service, nicely decorated curry house, free' friendly & helpful staffs! A Very handy young boy! Well recommended for the visitors..! It has been a premium place for diningalso a dependable take away and a home delivery service to all of us in local! Surely One of the best place among others✨

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We have eaten at this restaurant a couple of times in the past year and also had a couple of takeaways.
The food is good solid Indian fare and value for money prices. We were not disappointed with either the food or the service. Don't expect anything truly exceptional though.
The only thing we didn't really like was all the neon lighting. This seems popular with a few Indian restaurants we have tried recently but I personally don' t think it creates a romantic atmosphere and prefer a softer "easier on the eye" lighting approach. Others may like it though!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

This Indian Restaurant has a very nice modern interior that does not conform to the stereotypical Indian Restaurant so top marks for first impression.

The waiter was welcoming and friendly and like the interior also created a good first impression

There were only a couple of tables in use when we arrived so we chose a nice table by the window and we were offered the usual Poppadums and pickles which were very nice.

The menu was a typical Indian dish menu which is no bad thing and it did have a good variety of dishes so we had no problem finding dishes we liked.

The food when served looked nice and was well presented though perhaps not quite as plentiful as I am used to at another Indian restaurant I use regularly. However although looking nice and I am sure well cooked I did feel that it lacked flavour and just seemed a little bland. There seems to be a decision made by many Indian Restaurants these days to remove some of the flavour of spices from their cooking possibly to adapt to changing palates which seems to be craving milder and blander food.

During the meal I ordered some more drinks but somehow these got forgotten and struggling to gain the attention of the waiter I went to the bar and requested them, they were delivered to the table but no apology for the delay, disappointing.

The desert menu was given to us but we were never actually asked if we wanted to order anything from it, as it happens we didn't want anything but it would have been nice to be asked.

When I asked for the bill that however did come quickly (LOL), the pricing was ok so no grumbles there.

So to sum up the visit I would say its a very nice environment, comfortable and welcoming and good value but spoilt by weak customer service and slightly bland food.

So Cinnamon Bay, train and manage your staff a bit better and put a little more flavour into your food and you would easily step up from average to very good