“Warm and inviting”

Lyndhurst Tea House
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant providing all day Breakfast, Specialty Teas, Coffee's, Lunch time snacks and meals - sandwiches, panini's, Croques, Rarebits, Fish and Chips, Burgers, Pasta and more. Fantastic cakes and Cream Teas. Seating for all the family, high chairs and baby change available.
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We always stop in Lyndhurst on the way to the New Forest and enjoy coffee at the Lyndhurst Tea House - it always delivers! You are greeted with a smile and the service is excellent. We had coffee and millionnaires shortbread which we probably shouldn't have had as we were lunching in 2 hours, but we couldn't resist!

Date of visit: December 2017
Hilary B, Owner at Lyndhurst Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for your review, we're glad you enjoyed it all and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

We visited today at lunchtime and it's so unfortunate that we had a bad experience. We came in for a treat so cannot comment on the meals. I ordered the Bakewell tart with cream and where it had been microwaved I struggled to cut into it and the overriding taste was charcoal, I took it back immediately and the lady apologised, I also ordered a milkshake which was ok but I like thick milkshakes and this one was thin considering it was an ice cream shake. my dad ordered the apple pie and where it had been microwaved the top of the pie was hot and the apple was cold. My mum ordered the waffle which she enjoyed. As we went to pay the man behind the till made no eye contact but apologised for the Bakewell tart saying he didn't know what happened... if you ask me it was stale and reheated to the point where it was rock solid, burnt and not fit for consumption! It's such a shame but it's put me off returning to the lyndhurst tea house as I spent £20 for poor quality food.

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank xxpoppy
Hilary B, Owner at Lyndhurst Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Hi we are very sorry that you did not have a good experience at The Tea House. The bakewell should not have gone out to you as it was. Unfortunately our usual chef was not in and a less experienced one sent food that should not have been sent. I do apologise and hope you will try us again as this is not our usual standard and we work very hard to make your experience a good one.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Where to start, if dear reader you are anything like myself when it comes to reading TA reviews, I always start with the negatives, as I did here before writing this review. A couple were constructive and some ridiculous in my humble opinion. So on to my experiences. The lady and her team that run this place are a class act. Quite how they cope with "some" of their customers and still keep a smile on their faces is a mystery to me. For example , mothers bringing their little dahlings in and letting them throw food all over the place and without out a thought leaving paying the bill and letting the staff clear up the mess they leave. This is a touristy village and I guess they have to deal with all sorts , and for that reason sometimes it can be a bit tedious depending on the clientele sat next to you. Of course this does not reflect on the owner or the staff. The food here is very good indeed as are the beverages and cakes. The young servers are polite and well mannered . Does it get busy? Yes, and that is a reason to go there as it is very good indeed.

1  Thank ebbcourt
Hilary B, Owner at Lyndhurst Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review - we really do appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and drink, and the service - this is what we aim for and it's always pleasing to hit the mark.

Of course, we try and make everybody feel welcome, and it is genuinely no trouble clearing up after people.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Popped out for a walk in the new forest with the Mrs and stumbled on this gem... massive fluffy scones, delicious sandwiches and a slab of lovely moist cake with a cup of tea was exactly what was needed! Great value for money with helpful staff who although were really busy took the time to serve us well.

Date of visit: October 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review. We're really glad you enjoyed your visit here.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We were running late, after a long cycle around the forest and we were gasping for a cream tea! The simply delightful and kind ladies accommodated, us despite the fact they were about to close. The service was impeccable, the scones, (one plain one fruit), with cream and jam were the perfect accompaniment to the hot and steaming pot of tea! This is what it says it is; Lyndhurst’s Tea House! We will return.

Date of visit: October 2017

Thank you very much for leaving a review. It's always good when the feedback we receive reflects the standards we aim to provide. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

(We also like to say as long as the sign says we're open, we are open. The experience shouldn't be any different, whether it's 9.30 am or 4.45 pm.)