Free cancellation until 28/07
TripAdvisor
The Mills(Hatfield)
Holly Close(Hatfield)
Priceline
All reviewsall inclusive dealinclusive breakexecutive roomgreat weekendhouse wineeggs benedictsandwichesst albansweekend breakcrispsboth nightscouldn't do enoughcoffee machinebar menusoupfantastic valuebar area
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Excellent, hotel, staff and food. would definitely recommend this hotel for a weekend visit. Three couples met up from around the Uk, and we visited St Albans and the Roman museum. It was all extremely good.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel and an upgrade
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Great service, welcomed. Rooms was clean and airy. Lovey staff that delivered consistent great service even when I was queuing. Sorted payment with my company without getting me involved and made it short and pleasant stay. Defiantly will be coming back here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Stayed at the Mercure Hatfield Oaks as we had a wedding in nearby Hatfield House. Arrived on the Friday evening and checked in with no problems. I enquired about breakfast as it wasn't included with my booking. Was advised i could prebook for £10 per person per day which was cheaper than paying on the day so i paid that.
The room was okay. Clean and basic. Beds were comfy. The room was incredibly hot, however it was a hot day outside. Opening the windows did nothing. We had drinks at the bar in the evening which was pleasant, and slightly cooler than the bedoom. The next morning we had the breakfast which was good. Sausage, fried egg, bacon, scrambled eggs, hash brown, beans, tomato, toast, fruit, cereal, cold meats, croissants and probably more that i forgot.
We declined the housekeeping as we were getting ready for the wedding in room.
It was £8 in a taxi to Hatfield House incase anyone is doing the same, and they called a taxi from front desk. We took their card and used them for the return also.
Breakfast was the same (good) the second morning.
Check out was fine.
All staff we encountered were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Katherine W, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback. I will share your comments with our team.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Mecure hotel in Hatfield for three nights. I was lucky as I had a room at the back so I couldn't hear the main road however my colleagues that was at the front side of the hotel had it unlucky as they could hear cars all night going past. My room was a decent room I had a double bed to myself and the bed wasn't to bad as well. It was convenient for business stay. However downside is the location was in a terrible place there was nothing around locally that you could go get some water and drinks from. Also the restaurant menu wasn't great the food was not good and menus could be improved other than that it was a average good stay. Thanks for your hospitality and service mecure hotel.

Mo

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

We always appreciate feedback. I will share your comments with our team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We've just returned from a 2 night stay, and were very impressed with this hotel at a very reasonable cost. All the staff were excellent. The food, breakfast lunch and dinner was very good and well presented.
Just a couple of niggles: the bathroom light is on a PIR, and switches off after only 20 seconds. Somewhat alarming and dangerous when we took a shower!
The only beer at the bar is John Smiths, its a shame that a busy hotel like this doesn't have a decent cask or keg beer.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are best, as the hotel is on a busy road
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Katherine W, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us this weekend.

It is so positive to receive such great feedback on both the service you received and the quality of food, I will certainly share your comments with the team.

Thank you for highlighting the issue you encountered with the bathroom light, please accept our apologies , and I would like to assure you that the maintenance team will certainly look into this.

We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards