Talbot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leominster
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This was an overnight stay, and we were well pleased with our choice. Reserved parking available on site, and what seemed to be the only decent restaurant in town. Drinks and food were reasonably priced and made a nice change from Essex prices! Room was clean and the bed comfortable. Vent extract to bathroom was not working, and apart from having to watch out for the numerous changes in level in corridors etc (to be expected in an old timber framed building) this was our only complaint.

Room Tip: 1st floor probably best as 2nd floor stairs steep and narrow.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We were not staying at The Talbot but decided to go for an evening meal. The restaurant was a very nice comfortable room. My husband had the chicken curry and rice followed by the ice cream sundae, he thoroughly enjoyed both especially the curry. I however was not so lucky, I ordered the beefburger which looked lovely when it arrived, however as I started eating it I could see the inner part was not cooked, the waiter agreed and took it back to the kitchen, he told me the chef would cook me another one, but I said just cook the one I had started a bit more, not to bother cooking another, this he did, and it came back cooked properly, however so was the lettuce and cheese!! I was not annoyed as I had had the offer of a freshly cooked one which I had turned down, so it was my own fault, and it did make me laugh. I must say the young man and young lady serving in the restaurant were really lovely, the hotel are lucky to have them. We would definately return I just would not have the beefburger again :)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel was very cheap so I couldn't expect too much. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the bar was very nice. The room we were in was extremely run down and in need of a lot of work.

The room was extremely small, poorly decorated, some lights didn't work, the main light was so dim as to be almost useless.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017

We spend one night in the Talbot Hotel and were very pleased. The room was comfortable. The staff were really helpful and friendly. We had an evening meal in the hotel with was very nice. I would recommend the chicken in white wine and mushroom sauce or the steak and kidney pie. The hotel was situated in the centre of the town which made it easy to explore the wide variety of antique shops.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2017

My best friend and I recently decided to go for a drink at the Talbot. We parked in the hotel car park and went into the hotel. It was very quiet so we were served very quickly. After a couple of hours of enjoyable chatting we left for home. Imagine my dismay to now, one month later, receive a parking fine for "unauthorised parking". I may not have been staying in the hotel but I was supporting a local business and I understood the hotel was open to non residents. I will not be going back again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leominster
9.8 km away
36.3 km away
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 12 in Ross-on-Wye

Been to Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!