“Indian takeaway”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the best Indian we have had in eighteen months and we have done the rounds locally, can’t wait for next one

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (99)

Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

We get meals regularly but tonight valentines day was extra special. The food was superb. And my wife received a red rose and a Box of Roses chocolates. Thank you! Can't wait till lockdown is over and we can come and have a sit down meal. See you again soon.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

The year was summed up by the exceptionally poor service from the Indian Royal restaurant. I ordered a take away and was told due to being busy the takeaway would be 1.5 hours ( fair enough on new year eve ) so I ordered. After an hour and 50 minutes the take away had still not arrived, I called up to enquire and was told due to being busy it would be another 30 minutes, 45 minutes later still no takeaway. I called again and was told it was being bagged up now and would be 10 minutes more. After being the best part of an hour and a half late the takeaway arrived.
Just to round off the evening when we opened the boxes 1 order was missing and 1 order was wrong! After yet another call and a further 20 minutes the missing orders were delivered.
This was a total shambles and thought I can understand under the current climate the need for business the restaurant should not have taken the orders if they could not cope.
There was no offer of reimbursement or adequate apology for a ruined evening.

I will not be using this restaurant again.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank ChrisPD1967
Reviewed 19 July 2020

I went here with friends just before lockdown began; this place overall seemed reasonable; good food, and we got plenty to eat.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank gavlar1980
Reviewed 6 January 2020

We went in the first week of the new year and had tandoori breads from their tandoori oven. It was amazing. The food was exceptional and the service was very, very good. We'll be back in the next week or so for sure. Thank you!

Date of visit: January 2020