The Roast House Lodge
The Five Bells(Deal)(Great Value!)
US$98
  • Restaurant
US$155
US$150
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

US$139
Waterfront Hotel(Deal)(Great Value!)
US$50
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Very friendly host Colin was easy to book with, and the room was enormous! He did say it was their biggest one - it sleeps 4 in 2 single and one double bed. Fully equipped kitchen and as others have mentioned, a lovely assortment of breakfast food available for you to make your own. The location is about a 5 minute drive from the pier or a 20 minute walk. There were many nice personal touches that you don't usually get in a B&B and the courtyard that the rooms/lodges are accessed by was almost tropical with the many plants - a very relaxing view for breakfast.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 31 May 2015

We are an American couple in our 60s and well traveled in western Europe and Ireland/UK and were recommended the Roast House Lodge by the tourist office in Deal.
The Roast House Lodge was a restaurant in a prior life and the owner kept the name due to "brand recognition."

This is a B&B. Very easy to find. Convenient to the beach and castles of Deal. Free parking on site, although a tad cramped. Free WiFi of good signal strength in the room we had. I believe there are 7 rooms/cabins. We stayed in the large one which is able to accommodate 4 people in a single room. Each "cabin" has a kitchen suitable for self-catering meals. The fridge was already stocked with eggs, juice, etc., and a pastry for breakfast. The owners, Colin & Marie, invite you to get whatever you like to add to that for additional breakfast or other meals. They do not prepare breakfast FOR you. As Colin plainly said, "If you're uncomfortable with that, you'll have to seek out another place." It was our fist time with such an arrangement but it worked out well and we came back for a second night. Our room was quiet except for Saturday evening when we could hear music from a nearby club which went until approx. 10-11pm. That was a distraction but certainly not unbearable.

Deal and the Roast House Lodge are a comfortable drive from the big tourist attractions of Canterbury and Dover. There is a Spitfire/Hurricane memorial (museum) at the nearby Manston airfield (now closed) and several castles in Deal. Also a convenient fuel station just half a mile away and a fine, large supermarket for supplies in Deal.

Colin is a "tourist attraction" to himself and you'll enjoy chit-chat with him about the history of his establishment and things he has done. Although I didn't ask, I'll bet he'd show you his '76 Rolls Royce which he uses for weddings and special occasions. He's quite an enjoyable conversationalist and is EXACTLY one of the reasons why we seek comfortable B&B overnight lodging instead of mainstream "hotels."

We paid BP 35 per person per night in May 2015.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Col_Tomb
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very helpful on phone when booking. greeted with warm welcome . Colin was very freindly and helped us with directions . chalet was warm and cosy,just right for mum and I. No cooked breakfast but eggs, cereal, croissants, yoghurts, tea, coffee, and juice were in fridge. Cleaner came in every morning.

I came into some trouble and cut short my holiday ,and Colin went out of his way to support us. Oh and if you fancy a cello or guitar lesson Colin is a proffesional teacher!!

5 star all round

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nickymcleod
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This suited me perfectly, I had a double self catering chalet to myself, with kitchen and bathroom, and a spacious main room. Plently of breakfast food was provided, both in quantity and choice, it was warm and comfortable, and my hosts could not have been more helpful and friendly. It made my stay during a very wet and stormy week very comfortable, and my dog was welcome at no extra charge. If only other B&B's were so good, this made up for many bad ones in the past!

Room Tip: I can't say as I only saw the one I had.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Novella65
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights in November and absolutely loved it. Cosy, warm and friendly. A warm welcome by Colin greeted us and a tour around the twin bedded chalet. I loved the freedom of being able to eat at leisure and the choice of food left in our chalet was ample. If you want somewhere cheap, clean and comfortable with the freedom of being able to eat your breakfast in your PJs this is ideal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends