“Out of this world.”

Angela's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 218 Restaurants in Margate
Description: Angela’s is a small neighbourhood restaurant with an uncomplicated philosophy. We aim to serve delicious, ethically sourced seafood alongside simple, seasonal vegetable-based dishes. We will always endeavour to be sustainable, both in our ingredients and our everyday practices, and work with the local community to specifically reduce the amount of waste we produce that might otherwise end up in landfill. We have partnered with the wonderful Windmill Community Gardens in Margate to turn our food waste directly into compost – in our own composting machine – to enable them to produce more of our raw and organic ingredients....closing the loop. We will always consider our people and our planet first, working directly with growers, fishermen and suppliers who understand how to make the most of their produce and at the same time minimise the impact on our environment.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Angelas last night, small cosy enviroment with open kitchen. The food was outstanding and it is deffinatley one of my favorite restaurants ive ever visited. Every course was perfection. A real pleasure to eat their magical food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for Saturday night dinner, welcomed warmly to a bright and busy restaurant. We were asked to follow the waitress, and expecting another bright and fresh room, were shown to our table in a tight fitting, damp, dingy room at the back. Knowledgeable staff, wine was good (maybe better served in finer glasses), food was delicious, albeit very butter heavy. We really enjoyed our fish, from a smartly simple menu. Coffee was awful, muddy water at best and only cafetière. The additional £18 added to the menu for oysters we didn’t order wasn’t appreciated, nor the apology of ‘we’re busy’. Along with others, would revisit for lunch if I was guaranteed a table in the upstairs room.

1  Thank Elisabeth281985
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had a really lovely meal here. Very friendly staff and great fish. I had flounder to start. I’d never tried it before and it was gorgeous. My husband had oysters which were perfect

The rose wine was beautifully dry and complimented the fish.

Main courses - ray wing for me and gurnard for my husband. Both were great.

Junket and honeycomb for my husband’s dessert. Cheese for me and I took home the left over cheese as it was so tasty.

Thank you Charlotte. We will be back.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

I saw the glowing review on this tiny restaurant in the good food guide, and decided I needed to visit.
Went today, parking isn’t too bad, but summer time I suspect it’s a nightmare.
The menu isn’t the biggest, but then nor is the kitchen, which is in full view.
Took my waiters advice, started withflounder followed by Gurnard.
Both were beautifully cooked with nice dressing/sauce no frills cookery, just well cooked nicely flavoured food.
Dessert was a Junket with honeycomb, a dessert I have either never eaten or else not for 50+ years, it wasn’t traditional but was delicious.
The food is superb and well cooked flavoured and presented.
No fuss service with very friendly staff.
Toilet is a short trek through the back yard, but nicer than I expected.
Was it worth the three hour round trip
Oh yes!
Unfussy lovely food with great service too.

2  Thank Hoppityskip
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Exceptionally great food and service to match. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant, the food equals top fish restaurants in London and the service is attentive and friendly. Lovely relaxed atmosphere and a pleasure to eat here. Enjoyed a wonderful lunch, will be back for more delicious treats soon! If you love great food, cooked to perfection you will enjoy it here!

1  Thank CookieKent