Sands Hotel(Margate)
US$154
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$138
US$131
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Hussar Hotel(Margate)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$87
Hotels.com
Dalby Rooms(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
Travelodge Margate Westwood(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$83
Travelodge
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$90
Sherwood Hotel(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Margate Hotel(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$101
PremierInn.com
The Britannia(Margate)
US$116
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$198
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2015

I never leave reviews and I feel bad for this, I have stayed in worse hotels, and I have stayed in much better.
Firstly the hotel is relatively clean, but it is tired and needs some work.
We had two rooms, the top room and the first room. Both were tired and in need of a major overhaul. The top room featured tiger print fleeces on the beds, one of which was covered in semen, my friend Michael tested it.
The shower wouldn't stay at a regular temperature which made the morning shower fun. the beds were so uncomfortable I considered sleeping outside for a comfier rest.
Now for the last bit. I am 32, haven't had a nightmare for about 20 years, and I had three the night I stayed. Mostly about the loft hatch, and things trying to get me but they were all based in that room. My friends who stayed in the first room said they head strange noises all night as well. I am literally petrified of the hotel.
I didn't book the room, it was booked for me. I won't be staying again.

Room Tip: Don't pick room 7, or 1 and strip off the tiger bedding asap.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
12  Thank GarethGym01
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

This hotel is on the seafront just outside Margate in Cliftonville. It's quant, ok a bit dated, however the rooms have everything you need and it's comfortable. The decor and the building itself needs an update. The lady owner is friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome. I would recommend this hotel as somewhere to stay over for a night or two, rather than for a longer break or holiday. I think some of the previous reviews are a bit harsh, it's basic but met our needs for an overnight stay.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

Very tired hotel, room spacious but bed and fittings needs updating, we had an uncomfortable night. lots of stairs so be aware if you gave issues. Breakfast was Ok, but you eat in the basement. Will never go there again.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1AMBIGAL
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Booked for 1 night just for a place to lay our heads after a long day exploring the north kent coast.
Booked the cheapest double and to our delight we must have been upgraded as we got the most enormous room with the four poster bed and balcony.
The decor has to be seen to be believed , it's so miss matched, it's actually awesome!!
The room was actually so large a family could live in there!!!
The balcony was spotless unfortunately the balcony next door had a few dead seagulls but you can't choose your neighbours.
Breakfast was fair, hot and served with a smile .
Would recommend and get the four poster room for it's artistic merit!!!

Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Sophie P
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We needed a B+B for two nights to visit my son who was in Margate Hospital. On arrival we had to wait nearly one hour because the owner? had taken two children to the park and she did not know we had booked! The first thing I noticed was that the steps and outside were filthy, we were taken into the 'reception' area that was cluttered and I noticed the carpet was not clean. We were taken to our room that was small and needed cleaning and decorating, old outdated furniture, smell of damp (or carpet)? on the stairs. Breakfast was poor, open cheap serial's, no fruit juice (shouldn't have to ask) and the cooked breakfast was cheap ingredients and one tea bag in a pot of tea for two. The only good thing was we were only their two nights and not on holiday, if we had been we would not have stayed. This is not a 'cheap' Hotel we thought that we paid allot, next time we will book a 'motel' (they are always clean and tidy) and buy a breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple