“Wouldn't stay here again”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Margate
Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Margate
Reviewed 5 August 2015

Very disappointing stay, wouldn't stay here again. There were old clothes on the floor found in our room on arrival , bedding didn't smell clean.
Hotel in need of complete decoration and updating!
Breakfast not great either!

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank Gina L

Reviewed 3 August 2015

I was dismayed by the condition of the Palm court Hotel in Margate.
Firstly, there was no hotel parking visible or indicated.
Secondly, I did not get the room I booked which was Room 7 instead I got Room 3.
Thirdly, there was someone’s clothing (top, underpants and socks) left in one cupboard.
Fourthly, the TV didn’t work. Help was called and a temporary fix was achieved but this soon failed and no TV service was available for the rest of our stay.
Fifth, The electrical connection of the TV and lamp was dangerous inasmuch as the moving of the power bar caused a side lamp to illuminate and to go out when moved again. Similarly on the terrace was some loose cabling which should really have been secured.
Sixth, the shower tap was encrusted with limescale and hadn’t been cleaned for ages.
Seventh, Window seal round the bay window was blown and the paintwork of the room in general was of a very low standard.
Eighth, the carpet hadn’t been cleaned for a while and the stains added to the general dinginess of the room.

Room Tip: There isn't one - avoid this place.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2015

I never leave reviews and I feel bad for this, I have stayed in worse hotels, and I have stayed in much better.
Firstly the hotel is relatively clean, but it is tired and needs some work.
We had two rooms, the top room and the first room. Both were tired and in need of a major overhaul. The top room featured tiger print fleeces on the beds, one of which was covered in semen, my friend Michael tested it.
The shower wouldn't stay at a regular temperature which made the morning shower fun. the beds were so uncomfortable I considered sleeping outside for a comfier rest.
Now for the last bit. I am 32, haven't had a nightmare for about 20 years, and I had three the night I stayed. Mostly about the loft hatch, and things trying to get me but they were all based in that room. My friends who stayed in the first room said they head strange noises all night as well. I am literally petrified of the hotel.
I didn't book the room, it was booked for me. I won't be staying again.

Room Tip: Don't pick room 7, or 1 and strip off the tiger bedding asap.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
12  Thank GarethGym01
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

This hotel is on the seafront just outside Margate in Cliftonville. It's quant, ok a bit dated, however the rooms have everything you need and it's comfortable. The decor and the building itself needs an update. The lady owner is friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome. I would recommend this hotel as somewhere to stay over for a night or two, rather than for a longer break or holiday. I think some of the previous reviews are a bit harsh, it's basic but met our needs for an overnight stay.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

Very tired hotel, room spacious but bed and fittings needs updating, we had an uncomfortable night. lots of stairs so be aware if you gave issues. Breakfast was Ok, but you eat in the basement. Will never go there again.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends