“OMG”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Margate
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I booked a room with booking .com, I was in margate and decided to stay over and travel home next day as I wasn't feeling well so asked them to book a hotel room for me and my daughter.OMG , it wasn't a hotel it was a very poor b&b. Very small room both bathroom and main door couldn't fully open because they hit on the bed. The furniture was so old and there was a chair in front of the wardrobe so couldn't open it because there was nowhere to move the chair to . The beds was so uncomfortable and creaked every time one of us moved and the quilts were so thin and the room freezing cold , the bed linen wasn't exactly dirty but grey from so much wear and only one thin pillow each so we put our clothes and coats under them to make it more bearable,so we didn't get any sleep at all. One bed kept dipping at the bottom end and when we looked there was a whole in the floorboard under the carpet.
There was a TV but it was on a very dodgy shelf with wires dangling near the bottom of the bed so we turned the electric of just in case . The whole room looked really tired and shabby with very old dusty lamp shades .
I've no idea what the dining room or breakfast was like We didn't stay long enough to find out , we was so cold we found a taxi to take us to the Brewers fare pub to have a hot drink and get warm before travelling home .
What made us laught was booking .com sale staff told me it had a 4.5 rating from past guessed. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I would give it a 0.5 for putting a roof over our heads for the night .

Room Tip: Do not book a room
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank SandraT1501

Reviewed 11 July 2016

well where do i start my room was booked by our leader, so had no idea what i was walking in too on arrival we were in formed the jacuzzi was out of bounds! so the room so ran down and certain things probably up to standard (a 2 gang socket attached to a cabinet) a shower that you struggled to get wet in because of the lack of pressure and being a non thermostatic shower was either cold or freezing. it was a twin room but one of the beds was more like a camp bed not good for £90 so after failing to stay out all night and finally accepting defeat i was kept awake by the endless people bonking in a rickety bed and bedrooms with walls paper thin, also found someone else's socks and pants in the room so no a good experience could probably do with trading standards visit

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
6  Thank Scott S
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Apon Arrival, was very disappointed to be told the jacuzzi was out of service(the main reason we booked!) We instructed julie(the leader)that myself and the rest of my tribe would down for breakfast at 8.15 precisely! After a lengthy 30mins wait. No smell of bacon! Countless times we tried to call juile(the leader)but calls were rejected. We had paid for the hotel up front and was told that breakfast would be charged on the day! However we never received a breakfast and we checked out only to contacted by juile to say that there was outstanding money for the breakfasts. I told her we did not have a breakfast and therefore I'm refusing to pay the £40. She then said" I just take the £40 of the card it's okay" I instructed her that would be stealing!! She then hung up and took £80 for 8 breakfasts we didn't have. At all costs avoid this place!! Chris

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
8  Thank Chrissy H
Reviewed 10 June 2016

My wife and me went to Margate for a long weekend so we book in advance through laterooms.com at the time this was the only hotel a vale bull the palm hotel Margate on the sea front the lady that welcome us was Lovely see shod us to how room the room it was clean.
But run down the place need a good up date to 2016 because it was like going back in time to the 1970s

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank robert f
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

We visited margate at spring bank.
My husband and I booked a twin room. The lady who owned the guest was very nice, but the standard of everything was poor.
The room was small and in need of a face lift and was also very cluttered. We place out suitcase on the top of the wardrobe and the top edging of the whole wardrobe slid off into my husband. The shower was like warm. Despite leaving out towels on the floor for room service , we had to ring down for fresh towels. Then we were only given one howl.. the bedding has a cigarette burn in it....the brakfast was made of cheap sausages.luke walm beans, Slopped on my plate. We will book intime next year so we don't a a up having tI be left with no choice only this hotel as an option..

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple