“Family Sunday lunch”

Ranked #2 of 215 Restaurants in Margate
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Great family lunch on Sunday 18th February. Restaurant inexplicably quiet, Very attentive service, excellent lamb shanks, a first for us in an Asian restaurant. Very good speciality nan bread, Secret nan especially recommended together with the stuffed paratha. Good value!!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend visited Secret Spices on the recommendation of one of my clients. I can honestly say it was the best referral I have ever had. The staff were welcoming and friendly, the decor was top notch and the food was amazing! I love a good curry being a bit of a spice fan and I definitely was impressed. I happily recommend this restaurant to to ohers now and will ve going back in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Food was fresh hot and tastes wonderful. Large portions. Beautiful decor. Staff very attentive and look after all their customers. So popular every table was full. Need to book. Spotlessly clean.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

At the start their sittings they’re in a rush to get your orders out to you, even if it isn’t the right food. When some mains came out brought to our table wasn’t our order.

The food is very tasty and there is definitely plenty of it, the down side to the restaurant is that they are in too much of a rush, if they slowed service down a little this would be an excellent restaurant rather than just very good.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I can see why this restaurant has been rated the best Indian restaurant in Thanet. The customer service alone is incredibly good with the manager himself having had this kind of omnipresence and was always attentively checking to see how everyone is doing despite it having been a busy evening. A great level of care was taken in the ambiance with extremely modern decor, unusual cutlery, glasses and plates and the presentation of the meals was of a high standard. I enjoyed reading through the unusual menu featuring 'goats cheese samosa' and the intriguing 'staff curry' which was 'un-nickable' (the daring wording made me smile). The food was tasty and were good portions. It's nice to feel looked after and the manager Raj and his staff ensured we felt that way.

There was a nice surprise at the end of our meal when we were presented with what looked like little mints but they aren't (I won't ruin the surprise). A nice final touch was the piece of cheesecake with a candle on it with "You're leaving :-(" on it for our colleague Ben. It was a nice surprise as we were not expecting this and had seen similar cheesecakes with candles on them for people who were celebrating their birthday.

On behalf of my colleagues I would like to thank the staff for putting real thought into how they can provide excellent customer service at their restaurant as they have done an extremely well job in providing such a friendly service and enjoyable service.