“Staff were terrible!!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I visited the bell hotel for some dinner with my partner in the old dining room and I ordered the steak medium rare. Came out well done. My partner ordered the lamb, rare, came out just perfect but when I spoke to the waitress she was very rude to me and didn’t care at all of what I was saying! I asked to speak to the manager and out came a very young lady which didn’t look old enough to be the duty manager! The staff was lovely, getting to know them! The end of the dinner service was good but I would highly recommend that they hire older people to be managers rather than young people with not a lot of experience at all and to make sure that if the staff and managers are going to talk about their personal life with each other, then talk when no one can here then rather than everyone hearing them.

2  Thank EmmaGeen99

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Room ok with clean comfy bed.Bathroom rather bare and cold..could do with double glazing and update.Dinner menu limited and extremely dissapointing opted to miss breakfast because of it,would not return.

1  Thank Deborah W
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

My husband treated me to tickets to the Bell Hotel's Murder mystery evening. Started off as a bit of a disaster. We weren't on the seating plan even though we had tickets, then a staff member realised that our surname had been completely changed. The vegetarian option that had been requested for me they knew nothing about even though we had an email confirming it so I was presented with an alternative starter which would have been fine if it was proper soup. Was obviously a packet that they'd made up. No bread with it or even a spoon. Had to use my dessert spoon. Rest of the food was lovely and the theatre group were wonderful. I really enjoyed the evening in the end but The Bell needs to address the things that went wrong as I'm not sure I want to go back again. This was my first vist and it has put me off. Husband will be emailing a complaint.

1  Thank Michelle V
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent lunch, very good service and charming staff. I opted for the cod and chips, which I could not get through as it was a large serving. I would certainly return. Excellent value for money and well cooked food. Our waitress was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

At the bar, we waited while a couple of ladies were being served by a young lady behind the bar. They had already received their drinks and were reviewing the menu and submitting food orders. A male employee arrived and started harassing the female employee while she served the ladies.

The male, with a thick non-British accent, then came to take our orders. We ordered drinks and requested the menu, at which point we were advised food service doesn't commence until 16:00. It was 15:54. No problem, we will provide our order, pay and get the meals when the galley opens.

He totally refused to take any meal orders until 16:00. Disgusted with his attitude and complete lack of customer service, we left the drinks (untouched and unpaid) and departed for another local restaurant, which employed vastly superior staff.

3  Thank Gla_Rangers