“Lovely....but,”

Bluebell Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Tenterden
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I visit regularly and love the great choice of cakes, pastries and the coffee is always nice an hot. Great that you allow dogs too.
My only wish is that it wasn't so hot and you had better extraction. Sometimes it gets eye watering smokey from the kitchen and you leave smelling of cooking. My biggest 'but' is seeing staff using the toaster which is teetering on a shelf which is not only too small, that the toaster is hanging off the edge, but it's above head height. But don't worry, I'm sure the cable which is stretched tightly from the plug is holding it in place. The scariest thing is watching the staff blindly fumbling about above their head, trying to get whatever out of the toaster using METAL tongs! Health & Safety of staff perhaps?

2  Thank J C
Sarahlou2087, Owner at Bluebell Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi there. Thanks for your comments, I’m pleased to say the extraction has all been sorted and it has been at least a month now that we haven’t had any issues or smells of cooking so I’m assuming you are reviewing based on an old visit. It was something we were aware of and it’s been rectified.
As you sound like a regular visitor you will know we get extremely busy and we have a small space to work. We have wooden tongs for the toaster so if you have spotted a member of staff using metal ones I hope to assume that was a one off and I’ll be sure to remind all the staff on the health and safety of this.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Really good selection of light snacks to accompany a pretty good cup of coffee , also great for a stop on the dogwalk , as they are very welcoming to dogs, and great to meet up for a quick lunch with friends ....

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped for coffee and the menu looked so good we went back for lunch. Not disappointed. Both food and service excellent. Friendly staff (and customers). Real bonus for us is that they allow dogs inside. Most tables had a dog!
Nice coffee.
Will certainly return.

1  Thank Richieroo1000
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Just off the Main Street, down a lane, this coffeehouse has friendly staff & is full of charm. The tea & coffee were hot & the broccoli & stilton quiche was delicious. Although we didn’t try them there was a mouthwatering display of cakes on the counter that we will be back to try another time. With a food standard rating of 5 this establishment is highly recommended.

2  Thank invicta054
Reviewed 24 December 2017

It was busy but tables weren't cleared. Waitress would bring food and drink out but didn't have the intelligence or inclination to take dirty crockery back to kitchen en route. Should not have to ask for a table to be cleared. Little sign of any kind of management.

Sarahlou2087, Owner at Bluebell Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thank you for leaving your review.
It was a very busy day when you visited being Christmas Eve and if you could see the tiny space we have as a kitchen unfortunately if that gets full we have to try to make space for the dirty tables as quick as possible as well as serve new customers. You may have turned up as a few customers left at once. Customer turnaround is extremely quick. Therefore the tables may have been not cleared as quickly as normal during your visit but I can assure you that has absolutely nothing to do with the intelligence of my staff. I feel it's quite a rude and unfair comment to make not knowing the staff member in question. All of my staff work extremely hard in what becomes a very busy shop in peak times. I apologise if some tables needed clearing on your visit but I can assure you all of my staff are very well trained and they do their best to provide a great quality service, food and drink offering in a small space to work in.
I hope you enjoyed whatever it was you purchased as you didn't comment on that but hopefully you will return to see its very rare dirty tables are left.