“Environmental Friendly ”

Bluebell Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Tenterden
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Loooooove the new environmental straws! So sturdy compared with the other slobber you get on the high street coffee shops/pubs/restaurants. Regularly visit and always love it. Fantastic staff, food and beverages!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Called in here today for a coffee. Really nice tasting coffee and a nice ambience too. Quite busy and very prompt service. Only downside for me was they have a public toilet so had to go and find one, which wasn't too bad really because there are a few in the High Street.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely afternoon tea, smiley welcoming staff, great overall experience! Sandwiches were so yummy, scones were lovely and little cakes were great too! Maybe a top up of tea would be an added little extra but that’s all I would say as a minus point!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Really nice spot for coffee/snacks/light meals. I only came in for coffee as I hadn’t expected to find vegan-friendly food, but I was pleasantly surprised to have a choice of sweet and savoury. The soya flat white coffee was excellent, and I also treated myself to avocado and hummus on sourdough toast - very yummy indeed.
It was warm and snug inside, it’s dog-friendly (a big plus in my book), and the service was superb. Issy, the lady that served me, was very helpful, friendly, and explained what food options there were suitable for my vegan diet.
I will definitely come back here.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank SuenBrian
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I visit regularly and love the great choice of cakes, pastries and the coffee is always nice an hot. Great that you allow dogs too.
My only wish is that it wasn't so hot and you had better extraction. Sometimes it gets eye watering smokey from the kitchen and you leave smelling of cooking. My biggest 'but' is seeing staff using the toaster which is teetering on a shelf which is not only too small, that the toaster is hanging off the edge, but it's above head height. But don't worry, I'm sure the cable which is stretched tightly from the plug is holding it in place. The scariest thing is watching the staff blindly fumbling about above their head, trying to get whatever out of the toaster using METAL tongs! Health & Safety of staff perhaps?

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank J C
Sarahlou2087, Owner at Bluebell Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi there. Thanks for your comments, I’m pleased to say the extraction has all been sorted and it has been at least a month now that we haven’t had any issues or smells of cooking so I’m assuming you are reviewing based on an old visit. It was something we were aware of and it’s been rectified.
As you sound like a regular visitor you will know we get extremely busy and we have a small space to work. We have wooden tongs for the toaster so if you have spotted a member of staff using metal ones I hope to assume that was a one off and I’ll be sure to remind all the staff on the health and safety of this.