“Best Indian Resturant in Kent”
Review of The Ali Raj

The Ali Raj
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This is my number one choice for Indian food, the staff are incredible, the food is the best thing ever, their Chicken Korma is my favourite thing to order and you get 5 courses for £11.95. It’s so worth it, I absolutely love this place! If you’re looking for an amazing meal at a good price, I would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Visited last Friday after work with a mate we were seated without booking a table the atmosphere was relaxed and the food portions were very generous indeed it was the best biriyani I've ever eaten and I've had a few

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Having craved an Indian all day today after being told its National Curry Week I googled the best places to go whilst in Margate for work.

The Ali Raj came up with a 4.4 rating on google. Perfect.

I was greeted by a friendly bloke who asked where I wanted to sit as it was quiet, I was promptly given a menu, drink and served fairly quickly. I went for a Chicken Chat Puree & a Chicken Tikka Masala.

Unfortunately the food lets the rest of the place down. Chicken Chat Puree was over fried which overpowered the rest of the spices and meat, unfortunately ruining the whole starter. I then had the Chicken Tikka Masala, the spices were over cooked, it lacked the sweetness you'd expect and wasn't creamy enough.

As a man who would happily eat curry every night of the week and eats in curry houses all over the country this is one I will not be returning to. A shame as the staff and decor as lovely.!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

The best delicious indian take out in Margate.
Order ready to go in less than twenty mins, even though they were busy. Food hot and deliciously tasty as it always is. Yummy.
Happy family tonight with our take out in front of the TV!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

It was my birthday on the 14th September the wife was away working hard and I was on my own so decided to go for a Indian on the Saturday when she was back home instead of cooking. So had a look at Indian Restaurants in the area the we had not been too before and chose the Ali Raj on the Canterbury Road. I booked the table for 6pm as don't like to eat to late at the weekend, when we arrived we was greeted by friendly staff who sat us at a table and gave us the menu. There was one other table of four in the restaurant, I ordered four popper doms with a selection of chutneys a lamb Tikka starter and Chicken Tikka Rogan with mushroom and coconut rice the wife had prawn puree starter King prawn Rogan and bombay potato saag aloo and garlic nan bread and a couple of alcoholic drinks. The popper doms came out in a couple of minutes once we had finished them the starters came out which was lovely after that was done with in 10 min the main was brought out which looked and smelled lovely. My Tikka Rogan was lovely big bits of chicken in a lovely sauce the wife's King prawn rogan had lovely big prawns in the sauce she enjoyed it very much .I could not finish mine as by the time I had had half of the meat dish a plater of rice half a plater of bombay potato and some saag aloo there was no more room for the rest. We took the rest home in a doggy bag which I had the next morning lovely. The whole meal came to £52.60 which was pretty good the food was lovely and the staff very attentive and friendly i would recommend a visit if you are thinking of a night out at a nice Indian restaurant in the Thanet area.