“Peaceful art filled cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Front of House Front Room from street
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Front of House
Front Room from street
Over fireplace
Main lounge room with dining table and view through to kitchen and garden
Table Folds to make smaller or bigger
Staircase
Double Bed Room one
Window light Bed one
Another view of Double bed one
Bedroom pictures
Summer Garden
Fence and starboard deck
Autumn Rose
Harbour reflection,across the road 2 minutes
Seagull on Groyne 2 mins from the house!
Another Whitstable Sunset
Gentle tide and The Dolphin structure
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
BoxhillVi...
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Peaceful art filled cottage”
Reviewed 28 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We were made to feel very welcome by John, the cottage was a delight to stay in. All the beds were comfortable for us (family of four). Tree house retreat is very near the harbour and Whitstable restaurants and shops. We had a sunny lunch on the shingle beach seating area at the Neptune pub, a walk along the coast and viewed the many interesting shops and art galleries/spaces. Croissants, coffee, milk, butter, tea were kindly provided. The interior of the house is interestingly filled with art and creative ideas.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Management Response
31 Jan 2017
It is True that both Liz and I discovered that booking her trip through holiday lettings was more expensive than Air bnb. I have however amended prices now which I hope will even out the extent of the price gap between the two agencies.It was a slight oversight by me that certain charges are more on Trip advisor holiday lettings. As i had used the same prices to customers on both sites I had assumed this was the overall price to guests and not before commissions.I hadn't adjusted the 'Extra costs' on both Sites to match up either and so this was higher on Holiday Lettings. These are now the same on both Sites. I have also adjusted certain costs on Air bnb to even the prices out so hopefully customers will be paying similar amounts through either agency now! I would put this down to a teething problem for which I am grateful to Liz for pointing out. Hopefully no future guests will have such problems arising. I am also grateful to Liz for her generous Review of her stay nonetheless.Thanks Liz
philn109
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Attention to detail in an art filled home from home”
Reviewed 31 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

John could not have been a better host. With good communication before we arrived, we waited two minutes before he came along to let us in, his arms full of goodies for us to eat which we had for a late supper and for breakfast with his home made preserves. Very unexpected and very thoughtful.
His beautiful art all over the house made from flotsam and jetsam was very individual and gave a real seaside feel good ambience to the whole house. The little garden was also beautiful and we could imagine sitting out there in the summer.
The house was decorated for Christmas with a very clever Christmas tree arrangement.
The house was very cosy and spotless and could not have been better positioned, just a couple of minutes from the centre of town and from the sea.
The house has no TV which we did not want but some might. If you want all mod cons and sharp lines then this is not for you. However, if you want a peaceful retreat in a beautifully thought out, cosy, pristine, welcoming, comfortable, convenient little home from home with a warm and thoughtful host, this is the place for you.
This house is filled with love and we loved it - we will certainly be back.

AmandaJoa...
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous holiday home right by the harbour”
Reviewed 13 November 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I stayed Whitstable Tree House Retreat in August this year (2016) the owner, John, could not have been more helpful and friendly. He kept me a parking space and left a bottle of prosecco in the fridge. As I was one of the first guests he bent over backwards to make my stay comfortable and dropped croissants off one morning. The cottage is gorgeous, so quirky and comfy. A real home from home and completely spotless. The kitchen is fully equipped and artworks adorn the walls. It is literally one minute from the beach, high street and harbour. I highly recommend this cottage for couples, or small groups.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fact it is so close to all amenities
Liked least: Nothing it is perfect!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
15 Nov 2016
Mandy was one of my first Guest's at The Tree House retreat and I was Anxious to please and hope the letting would go well.Happily Mandy was a lovely Guest and couldn't have been more positive about her stay at my house.She offered constructive feedback too which I have found very helpful whilst preparing for subsequent lettings.Thanks Mandy you were a Gem!I hope every guest enjoy's their stay as much as Mandy did.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing