“fish and chip search”

Crab & Winkle Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Crab & Winkle Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 139 Restaurants in Whitstable
Price range: US$34 - US$53
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Looking for a snack In the harbour, just wanting a cup of tea and cod and chips .
The crab and winkle restaurant .we used the counter service for fish and chips downstairs adjacent to the fish market counter.
We had 2 cod and chips scampi and chips and 3 teas the service was get it yourself seat outside on tables. The price was around £28. Very reasonable and good quality food. The coffee surprisingly good, the builders tea good also
As a stop off for a quick lunch, the spot was perfect the staff friendly and nothing a problem.
The restaurant upstairs we did not visit .
Overall, it was a great meal visit. Loved the food and ambiance even the seagulls behaved .
Wet fish and all types of local shellfish available inside.

Worth the wait as its all cooked to order. I found it perfect.

1  Thank Roofg G

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an informal affair with views over the fishing harbour. The sea smells add to the ambience.

The food was good, albeit not cheap. It costs about £100 for two - three courses and drinks. The fish was well cooked and nicely presented. The liquor with the moules was a little watery, but flavoursome. The lobster was good.The haddock was very tasty and perfectly cooked.

Service slowed as it got busier. I don't think three people is enough when they are full. However, we had a good meal and will go back without doubt.

1  Thank roomaniac
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Visited as a family of four, loud music greets you as soon as get in, because of this diners were shouting over the top of it making it very difficult to hold a conversation at your table, sadly we mostly sat in “silence” which ruined the point of going as a family.
The male waiter was grumpy and it was very evident in everything he said or did. The young females were a lot nicer and more helpful.
Very long wait for food to come out and then then to have someone’s finger jab each item of food on your plate so “you know what it is” was not great.
All in all - quite an expensive disappointment.

1  Thank BradersBradley
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Visited here with my family for a lunch time meal. I ate the pan fried tuna and it was delicious! They cater for different tastes. Child friendly at lunch but do not have you children after 5 pm. Best fish and chips in town!

1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I was delighted when my clients had booked the Crab and Winkle again as it was very enjoyable when I had previously visited.

Once again we were treated to a good meal by great staff and I had gone for the tuna steak which was cooked perfectly to my preference of rare. Personally I thought the sauce that was served over the veg was far too sweet and sugary for me so if I was ordering again I would opt for no sauce as it killed the taste of the lovely looking veg.

The rose from Provence is a cracker and well recommended!

1  Thank PaulT73