“Really disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had not visited Whitstable for a while so decided to have a nice lunch today. We were soaked through due to the bad weather so rushed into Pizza Express. So disappointed. Some staff not all stood about chatting whilst food sitting there getting cold. I heard the chef swear 4 times the little time we were there. Not what you want to hear no matter how little the staff want to work. Food really bland. Won't be rushing back.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant in early evening with my wife, daughter and grand daughter. Waiters were very attentive and order was taken quickly. Drinks arrived fast and the food was excellent. Definitely will revisit.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Due to a power cut, at the last minute pizza express had to cancel our booking for a large group for my daughters birthday. Which they transferred us to zizzi’s. A week later the manager, Chris contacted me to offer a free pizza making party for my daughter and 5 of her friends. We went this evening and a great time was had by all. The kids had a great time making dough balls and pizza. But especially enjoyed trying to spin and toss the pizza dough.
Thank you to Chris and his team for really great evening.

1  Thank jhanson2016
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Only went because we had a 2 for 1 voucher and to be honest should have gone to ASDA for pizzas because they are cheaper and better than pizza express.

Lack of topping , playing hunt the cheese and pepperoni and still the bill came to over £25, poor value for money.

Service was spasmodic, either right on top or being ignored , strange place , avoid

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I thought I'd try the chicken Caesar salad as I love it at Prezzo. Alas, it was served with iceberg lettuce with what I suspect was a salad cream dressing and no cheese. When I queried that it was advertised as being served with rocket, he said it wasn't but disappeared to check with the chef and, lo and behold, reappeared with a bowl of rocket and said that the recipe had changed. I do find these big chains irritating for exactly this kind of behaviour. If that's what it says on the menu - just do it....?
The waiter was great and the ambiance delightful. Shame.