“Lovely staff, great coffee, soup and cakes”

Whitstable Produce Store
Ranked #3 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Whitstable
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Description: Great food and drink from over twenty Kent suppliers to eat in or take away. Open every day. Babychange. Wi-Fi. First floor holiday flat.
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

This place is a delight - the staff were fun, helpful and efficient; the coffee was perfect, their soup was delicious and their brownies were excellent. I hope we have the chance to come back!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Inviting and friendly staff to a well stocked store. I just wanted a quick bite to eat and chose a sausage roll with a glass of local organic rose wine to wash it down! Delicious!
Cosy seating area at the rear, locals eating and socialising. Just what I needed!

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Visited Whitstable Produce at the Horsbridge yesterday lunchtime with my one year old grandson who needed a high chair. There was one but it was filthy and I spent the next 10 minutes and half packet of wipes cleaning it whilst 3 young girls behind the counter chatted to one and other. I ordered tea and toast and some fruit for me and that was quite nice except the bread was cut 1 inch thick so difficult to eat and really unnecessary. Once customers had finished eating and left the tables were cleared but never cleaned, I had to clean my table with wipes!! There is a toy area but it is so dirty I couldn't allow my grandson to play. Food looks great but it's really dirty and I dread to think what it's like in the kitchen!!!

Whitproduce, Owner at Whitstable Produce Store, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

We are very, very disappointed to read this. We love our business, most of the team are loyal, dedicated and well-regarded by our regular ciustomers and we value them highly but this feedback is painful to read. We have resolved other negative feedback and would like to do so in this case. To help us to do this, please could you provide further information on the date to steve@whitstableproduce.co.uk as we cannot find a recent day when there were three female staff on the rota at the Horsebridge Store. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We popped into The Whitstable Produce Store looking for a couple of presents to take home from our visit to Whitstable last weekend. There were some lovely things in the window but didn't seem much inside. I did find a nice bag of handmade chocolates for my daughter and when I went to the till to pay didn't get the usual Whitstable hospitality at all. In fact the staff looked as though I was a bit of a nuisance buying something and disturbing their chat.

Wouldn't bother going there again

Foxyfox10

1  Thank f0xyf0x124
Whitproduce, Owner at Whitstable Produce Store, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

I am sorry to hear that you felt this and would be grateful for more details. Please could you email me at steve@whitstableproduce.co.uk. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

the scones served were hot out of the microwave so I asked for a cold one - it was very cold and not fresh. When I asked if the scones were fresh today I was told in an unfriendly manner - yes fresh from the fridge!! So disappointing as they looked nice in the window !

Whitproduce, Owner at Whitstable Produce Store, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you did not have a good experience when you visited us. Everything we sell is made for us in small batches by local makers, delivered between two and four times a week and stored according to the maker’s instructions and environmental health regulations. This does mean we can only display a small quantity of scones and must keep the rest in the fridge. We serve them at room temperature or warm them up as our customers prefer and that usually works very well. We use a microwave as we don’t have a kitchen where we could safely have an oven. However, we clearly over-heated your first scone and didn’t deal well with your comment and I apologise on both counts. The second scone was not stale but did need to warm up to room temperature or be served warm.