“Sunday Lunch”

Sycamore Farm Pub Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 192 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This place has the most amazing cakes I have ever seen and tasted. They are all home made cakes and they are delightful....
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I came here one Sunday afternoon to try the carvery for, surprise surprise a Sunday roast. I paid for the regular plate which entitled me to two slices of meat, choosing from either beef, turkey or gammon. I chose two slices of beef. Now I’ve got to say, I found the beef rather bland and tasteless if I’m honest. Plus it didn’t help matters, that one of the slices was a tad too fatty for my liking. Having said that, the overall experience was enjoyable, the staff are friendly enough and the place itself is nice and finished off to a good standard. I’ll leave this review with two tips. Firstly, avoid going between 1 and 2PM on a Sunday, because it’s manic at that time. But at 2PM, this place died down significantly. And secondly, you MUST try a cake away! They’re delicious and ginormous! I bought an eclair and I kid you not, it must’ve been at least 4 times the size of a regular chocolate eclair. I felt sick after eating it, that’s how
big it was, but me having a sweet tooth, still very much worth it

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful friendly staff. Served by Michael at the carvery. Very pleasant and very helpful. Christopher on the till sorted out my friends request for gluten free without any fuss or bother.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ok, so when this place first opening it was known for its carvery and puddings, well, I think the cost cutting has taken its toll - the menu is very inviting, but the food is poor in quality and taste.

We ordered a children’s Pizza and for £4.59 you’d expect a little more than what appeared to be a Chicago Town microwave pizza - with the tiniest piece of garlic bread.

The carvery was also poor, roast potatoes were soggy and tasteless. The other veg looked like it had been sat there all week.

My son ordered a rump steak, it looked like a boil in the bag piece of meat, that would struggle to pass for beef in all honesty.

The “luxury” mac-n-cheese was not luxury in any way - unless they meant for the poorly chopped spring onion as garnish was a representation of “luxury”

All in all, avoid the place at all costs.

1  Thank Rich D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would just like to say I came to sycamore farm on Saturday 24th March with my family. We was told that there would be abit of wait for our table due to kids partys despite being really busy the girls were really friendly and helpful and we got seated alot sooner than we thought. The food was amazing we all got the standard carvery and really enjoyed it

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just had a breakfast great choice and great value kid friendly would recommend the small breakfast and unlimited coffee or tea