“How Difficult Can it Be to Get a Bill & Pay?”
Review of The Plough

The Plough
Ranked #41 of 221 Restaurants in Chorley
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer quality, freshly prepared food from snacks, light bites, steaks, burgers and a full bank of homemade dishes and pub classics too! This is complemented with a great range of extra cold draught Beers and Ciders, Cask Ales, Wines and Minerals. The Bar and Snug offers a dog friendly area with two real fires for those cold crisp days, and also has two TV's bringing you main sport events for those sports enthusiast! We allow dogs in the "Bar and Snug" area but ask they remain on their lead. Families are more than welcome and we have high chairs, baby changing facilities, kids cups and cutlery as well as a kids menu! The Orangery is the new addition to the pub bringing you a light, airy dining area with fold back doors for those wonderful summer days! Plus there's the original dining areas exuding character and charm. Our stunning beer garden is ready to make the most of the warm weather. It’s a real suntrap and a TRUE GEM!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On the 27th June we turned up early evening with my 91 year old disabled mother in law who was treating her daughter to a birthday meal-out. Customer numbers were far fewer than on previous visits
The meal was average and the service was fine but after 3 repeated requests for the bill, to 2 different staff members and a 15 minute wait I finally got up from the table to approach one of them again near the bar and asked again if we could have the bill to pay.
I was asked to join the queue at the bar – then 8 customers deep. This meant my retrieving my mother-in-laws card and asking for her pin number (not good practice!). No bill copy was given either – just the card payment slip.
On previous occasions they have presented the bill at the table then brought the card machine to the table to take the payment
On the way out my wife spoke loud enough for nearby staff to hear our dissatisfaction but not even a ‘sorry’ was forthcoming.
Manners and communications training needed,
Our custom here goes back some 50+ years when it was referred to locally as Jerry's –sad to say there is better value and service to be had elsewhere.

1  Thank cromptonjv

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice summers day went for lunch, made very welcome by the staff. Lovely atmosphere had a lovely afternoon, not rushed perfect. The food was delicious and great value ! like to thank the staff for great afternoon. Would definitely go back.

Alicja N, Public Relations Manager at The Plough, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Greeted within 5 steps of walking in.
Friendly , attentative service .
Realistic waiting time for good quality ,delicious food at reasonable cost.
Fabulous place to wine and dine with friends .

1  Thank carolwaybw
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Today me and my family decided to give the Plough inn a try after the new take over. We booked a table for 4 people and got took into the orangey on table Seven. We was Pleasantly greeted by Naomi, who was our waitress for the day. We ordered our starters that came at a reasonable time and the cheese and garlic bread that we shared between us was splendidly made. After the waitress cleared our plates we decided to order a fresh jug of water ready for the mains. My farther ordered the minted lamb Henry, which he thought was delicious. My mother had liver with onions that was freshly made to our standard. My sister also had a freshly made fish pie that she very much enjoyed & I also had the Mix grill medium rare that was very tender. All in all we was very happy with the meals and the way the staff treated us through out the afternoon P.S We will be coming again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent a lovely afternoon at the Plough sitting in the beer garden with our kids when visiting family in the area. Garden was really spacious & the kids were happy running around the large tree, there was plenty of shade which was great for them as sun was out!

The staff were really friendly & helpful. Food was served quickly & was delicious. The kids portions of meatballs & pasta were good value for the size, they loved it. We especially loved the black pudding poached egg starter, only mistake was not to order one each instead of sharing. Our main courses were also really tasty & generous portions.

I was also tempted to try one of the specialty gins that were available, pear & quince!! It was really interesting to try, lovely subtle flavours, have never seen that anywhere before!!!