“Different”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Nice to see something a little different. Wasn't sure what I was walking into but was pleasantly surprised. There is a nice area to sit while waiting for a table. Food was pretty good and plentiful though the vegetables were a bit over cooked and not well presented. I found the owner a little over familiar, she sat down with us whilst we were ordering, I found this a little uncomfortable. Overall a pretty good experience.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

A nice quiet place and beautifully and tastefully decorated to a lovely standard
However the length of time to wait for our food was nearly 30 minutes and we ended up rushing our meal instead of enjoying it as we had other engagements to attend too. The food was lovely but no attention from staff at all.
You can drink alcohol on the premises
We had to cancel any desserts which actually ruined our evening
So I hope management read this, whereas a 30 money wait might be alright for some it wasn’t for us and it would be nice to be kept informed of any delays in the kitchen

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We found the whole experience very good the restaraunt is lovely service excellent and the food very good and a very reasonable price we will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Upon arriving in the bitter cold just before 7 it was lovely to be seated in big sofas close to a roaring fire to peruse the menus over a drink. The vegetarian menu is separate and must be asked for. Menus are actually just a sheet of A4 paper. Whilst choosing a group of 4 came in and were given menus including the Early Bird menu that ran out at 7pm. We hadn't been given that menu despite arriving before 7. Anyway we chose and after a while was shown to our table. This room was chilly compared to the other room. Starters arrived including some steaming bread. Unfortunately it hadn't been cooked in an oven but microwaved because it wasn't crusty, which was a shame. I had the classic prawn cocktail which had pieces of ice in it. Attention to detail, they should have been removed before serving. My partners mushroom bagel was very tasty. My main choice was lamb shank which fell of the bone but was a little tough in places, a little overcooked. However the roast potatoes were excellent! My partner had the veggie burger which was good, and the hand cut chips were excellent. Being the first time here we had to try puddings and they didn't disappoint, bread and butter pudding and treacle sponge both hitting the mark. Coffees sealed the night. Staff were great and the owner Anna was good company. Inside, the decor looks a little tired and could do with a lick of paint. Outside, it's difficult to tell if the restaurant is open due to lack of lighting. My negative comments are minor really and I love these individually owned restaurants. Tonight was enjoyable, thanks!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Just had a wonderful meal at Amelie’s. I am Coeliac and the choice of gluten free food is amazing. Everyone enjoyed every mouthful. Thank you.