“Overcooked and dry staff who don’t care”
Review of Flames Steakhouse

Flames Steakhouse
Get food delivered
Ranked #13 of 94 Restaurants in Darwen
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Description: Situated near Darwen Town Centre, we are the first restaurant to serve steaks on Hot Stone (Lave Rocks) in the Town. We also serve a wide variety of other meats such as Lamb, Chicken, Burgers and also Fish dishes. The restaurant is licence to sell a variety of Beers, spirits and quality cocktails.Its a brilliant place to enjoy your hotstone dining experience.
Reviewed 10 April 2022 via mobile

We tried to eat at this restaurant a few years ago pre covid but the service was awful so left before ordering we thought we would give it another go and to support our local business on a Saturday night well that was a wrong choice, 4 of us went we had booked the staff were very young stood around chatting and giggling no care for customers, the food was overcooked dry and expensive when we complained nothing happened they just said we will let kitchen know !!!! The mixed grill was so overcooked it was tough the salmon was dry we won’t be coming back in hurrry thanks but no thanks

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (162)

Reviewed 2 April 2022 via mobile

It took 4 hours to get through our meal start to finish. Steak was extremely tough and we had to send it back. My replacement did not arrive and it was blamed on the waitress taking the new steak to the wrong table. We were offered a replacement but by this point all other diners on our table had finished their meal and the waiting on staff had already started to clear the table. Had to request the steak was taken off our bill. Ultimately one of the party left without having a main course which is not good. Our party asked for the bill (after requesting the tab was separated between families), they hadn’t split it for is. We then proceeded to have to scrutinise the bill with the manager to make sure we were paying the correct amount (which they tried to overcharge us by £19 for a burger which the other table had). Came 2 years ago around Christmas and they couldn’t handle being busy then, clearly cannot handle being busy now. Don’t take as many bookings if you can’t guarantee good food and service.

Date of visit: April 2022
Reviewed 26 February 2022 via mobile

So disappointed tonight. Our best friends bought us £50 worth of vouchers for xmas because they knew we loved it but tonight was so disappointing. We ordered two rib eye steaks on a stone. My husbands was great but mine was full of gristle. Service was really good but when we went to pay I expressed my disappointment of my steak due to gristle to the waitress , who spoke to the man behind the bar. He quickly dismissed her. He asked me which steak I had I told him rib eye and he quickly said has fat in and I agree but not gristle. Sorry but you was really rude and dismissive of my comments. So much so I would really like an apology from you . I've been quite a few times and even had a takeaway and it's been great but not tonight .

Date of visit: February 2022
Sergio D, Owner at Flames Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you so much for taking your time to writing review us. We really apologise for heard that .we always work hard make all our customers happy. We will work on it make it better your next visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2022 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting the area and booked this restaurant after seeing the reviews. We were greeted by lovely friendly staff and I was served with 2 delicious Mojitos (offer I couldn't refuse!)

I ordered the prawns to start and lava rock steak, my husband the tomato soup and Chicken Sizzler.

Oh my word...outstanding is the only word I can use to describe!

I'm a bit of a steak guru and this is one of the best I've tasted in my life! Also the prawns...utter perfection

My husband was equally as impressed and agreed it was one of the best meals he has ever had.

There isnt really much to do in the area, we stayed at the local Spa hotel, but we've said we'd consider driving 2 hours from Cumbria and coming back just to eat here again

Next time it will be both nights though!
Thank you for your fantastic service.

Date of visit: February 2022
Sergio D, Owner at Flames Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2022

Thank you so much for your lovely review and your support Sarah. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2022 via mobile

Booked a table in advance for new years eve. Well done you certainly were very busy. On arrival it appeared quite frantic - we were seated after a 10 min wait even though name wasn't asked for to check booking. I wanted a cocktail to celebrate new year & although I'd spent 10 mins watching the guy behind the bar make them we were told cocktails had stopped due to being too busy !
We both had starters & then I ordered mixed kebabs & partner had steak. The meals were not served at the same time, the beef kebab was raw - and was sent back with I'll let the chef know. The steak had a crust on it which did not seem right . Wrong drinks were served , we were asked to swap tables after being sat 15 - 20 mins. Bill was brought inclusive of the £20 deposit I'd already paid months ago.
Not the best overall experience but evident the place is popular.

Date of visit: December 2021
1  Thank bevvy21
Sergio D, General Manager at Flames Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2022

Apologies for heard that please do not felt out with us .if you give a more chance we will make better your next dining.