1,721 results
All reviews mash and barrel swimming pool prestige caravan on site fun stars papa johns changing rooms great holiday evening entertainment central heating cala gran holiday park live lounge spar shop pleasure beach splash zone soft play area farmer parrs
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Me and the wife booked a weeks break here and had a great time , the staff are really helpful and the place has all you would expect from a haven campsite/holiday village ,there is entertainment for adults and kids alike plus an onsite shop for all your essentials

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank willieh68
GuestRelationsCG, Guest Relations Manager at Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great 5 star review about your recent stay with us at Haven Cala Gran, we really do value the feedback we receive.

It is fantastic to hear that you had a great stay with us. I am really pleased to hear that our team members here at Cala Gran were really helpful, as a holiday park we thrive on ensuring that our guests receive the highest level of customer service!!

I do hope that you and your family come and visit us again in the future!

For any enquiries or future bookings please contact us on 01253 872555

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Once again that time came round again,holiday im a tin can with the old moan pot and tinkerbell.

Well you know that i dont mince my words but as hard as i tried i could not find any issue with this park, as soon as we arrived the greeter at the gate was very pleasant ,the check in was six minutes the direction to the caravan was spot on, so many things for the kid to do and food and drink bang on, its amazing to see the difference just ten miles apart , an ship shape and bristol fashion well managed park where you feel clean and safe at the cala grand as oppossed to its sister base.

Will be back .

2  Thank alan h

Hi Alan,

Thankyou so much for this 5 star review about your recent stay, we really do value the feedback our guests provide!!

I am overjoyed to hear that you couldn't fault our holiday park here at Haven Cala Gran!

As a holiday park we do have numerous different things to do for our guest to participate in, a holiday at Cala Gran will never be boring that's for sure!!

I am really pleased that you and your family had a fantastic holiday with us and you will be returning in the future.

If you need any help with future bookings or you have any enquiries please contact us on 01253 872555.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t know if all Havens are like the Cala Gran? But if they are then I might give them a miss.

The Bash and Marrel was over priced with poor staff. The food was less than expected, and I wasn’t expecting high quality stuff.
The only good thing on the menu was the Veggie Wrap thing. I asked the waiter before I ordered if it was nice. He replied: I don’t know, I am not a vegetarian, I eat meat. HAHAHAHHAHA honestly his reply.
I got it anyway and it was nice. Very big.

The evening entertainment in the big room was ok, nowt special.
The main young man doing it all was painfully smiley.

The swimming pool was ok. But the 3 of our group that went swimming all had diarrhoea. Interesting.

The Papa John;s on site was nice.

Strange place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestRelationsCG, Guest Relations Manager at Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review we really do appreciate the feedback!!

I am really surprised to hear that you felt the evening entertainment was nothing special. As our entertainment team are rated extremely high and many of our guests come back year after year because of the entertainment that our fun stars produce.

It is great to hear that you loved the Veggie Wrap from the Mash and Barrel and the portion sizes were very big!!

Papa Johns is always a favourite across our guests as you can sit back and relax in your caravan as we bring the pizza to your door!!

For any future bookings or enquiries please contact our Holiday Park on 01253 872555.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

7 of our family members stayed in one of the deluxe caravans for 4 nights. Caravan was comfortable and I think fairly new . Site itself is clean and staff in reception were very good and helpful. We didn’t use much of the facilities, however the pizza takeaway was very good , on site shop was not too expensive . Approx £16 for a taxi into Blackpool or tram and bus access close by

Date of stay: May 2018
3  Thank Alisoninglis

Hi Alison,

WOW 5 STARS!! Thank you ever so much for reviewing your recent stay here at Haven Cala Gran Holiday Park. We really do appreciate the feedback!!

It is great to hear that our reception team were very good and helpful, we truly do have a brilliant reception team here at Cala Gran.

I am pleased to hear that you and your family had a great stay and really liked your caravan, we really do have some beautiful caravans across our Holiday Park.

I really do hope that you come and visit us again in the future. For any enquiries or future booking please contact myself on 01253 872555.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I am lucky enough to have had the opportunity to travel abroad quite a bit and I tend to go abroad twice a year. Having already been to Morocco and with plans to go to Spain, I was invited along for a four day break to Blackpool and I accepted cautiously. I am not a snob about caravan holidays but because of my experiences of being part of a large family sharing one when I was younger, I sometimes find them claustrophobic and a bit impractical. Needless to say, I went along and it was better than I expected.

Cala Gran is a Haven ran caravan park about six miles from the centre of Blackpool. Located in an area called Fleetwood, as well as by car, you can get there by the number 14 bus which stops right outside of the camp on Fleetwood Road. The bus takes around 45 minutes and drops you off right in the heart of Blackpool. A bus driver explained that I’d you get the bus heading to Fleetwood (not Blackpool) and get off at Broadwater, you can get the tram to Blackpool which is quicker. The driver also stated that you can get a two/three day travel pass which may be worth buying if you want to go out of the park during your stay. It cost £2.80 for an adult single journey.

As you turn into the park, you drive to the reception area which is in the main complex building. Also located in the complex are the following:

A restaurant (“Mash and Barrel”)
Crazy Golf
Swimming Pool
Outdoor chess set
Amusements
A nighttime venue (“LiveLounge”)
A pizza shop (“Papa John’s”)
A shop
A laundrette
Outdoor Children’s wet play area
Laundrette

There is free WiFi in the Mash and Barrel.

The caravan itself was in good repair, clean, tidy and hygienic. It had everything you needed to stay away from home for a couple of days including a kitchenette and a living area. There was a decent size shower
and a toilet that served it’s purpose.

There was plenty of space in the double bedroom for hanging clothes (hangers provided) and storing bags etc, as well as adequate electrical sockets to charge your phones.

In the living area there was a tv, a dining table to seat four, and seating in an “L” shape that was comfortable but basic.

The caravans are arranged into streets and each street has its name at the top to help you to find your way to your correct caravan. There are large bins sectioned off near each section so you can put your rubbish out and the complex is at the heart of the park with streets spoking out like a wheel.

To enter the complex on an evening, you will need to have an entertainment pass which you can buy from reception if they are not already included in your booking. There is security on the door to the amusements and bars who will challenge you if you do not have one so keep it in your purse or wallet.

Inside the complex to the left as you enter is The Mash and Barrel. This is the on-site restaurant that offers a whole range of food and drink to suit most tastes. Depending upon your budget you may want to avoid eating there because of how expensive it is. You may be better either brining stuff to cook from home in the caravan or buying something from the shop to cook. With mains on avaerage around £10 and it costing £7.20 for two pints of beer, if you are going with a family you may burn through a lot of money quickly.

The bar is large and airy with plenty of space both inside and outside to sit. Later on in the night it quietens down as everyone leaves to watch the entertainment at the Live Lounge so it can provide some respite from the noise.

Leaving the restaurant, you walk a short route by the pool into the amusements area. There is a selection of different things to keep you busy including grab a toy machines, 2p machines, gambling machines and arcade games (including Mario Kart). There is a cash machine and a change machine as well as toilets. There is also the Papa John’s but it is expensive (£8 for slices of pizza, £33 for three medium pizzas etc).

Beside the amusements is the Live Lounge which is where the entertainments team run the evenings entertainment. There is a weekly timetable by the amusement entrance doors detailing daily and evening entertainment. It is a large venue akin to a working men’s club with the bar off to the left when you enter. The entertainment is hit and miss but they try and cater for everyone including holding a mini disco for the little ones.

There is a shop on site which closes at 8pm most nights but later on Fridays and Saturdays. It stocks everything you need from cleaning and barbecue stuff to snacks, microwave food and alcohol.

Tip: Papa John’s will deliver on site to your caravan door. There is a deal for two people for £13 which filled us up. Wedges, chicken side, a drink and small pizza. It may be worth ordering in than eating out.

So is it worth a visit?

For families with younger children, I think this would be ideal. It has everything you need to keep them entertained whilst you enjoy a drink in one of the bars or are trying to win a teddy.

For couples or those without children, it may still be worth staying but I think it would be a little boring if you do not leave the site.

Out of the few caravan sites I have been to, I have to say that it was good and exceeded my expectations.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Daryl T

Hi Daryl

Thank you ever so much for writing such a brilliantly detailed review about our Holiday Park here at Haven Cala Gran. We really do appreciate the time you have taken to write this review!!

This review is brilliant for our future guests as it gives them a full description of the numerous different aspects of our Holiday park and details what our holiday park has to offer!

I am overjoyed to hear that our holiday park went above and beyond your expectations and that you did have a really enjoyable stay with here us here at Cala Gran.

It is great to hear that your really liked your caravan and that it had everything that your and your party desired.

I really do hope that you come and visit us again in the future!

For any future booking or enquiries please contact myself on 01253 872555.