Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,321 results
All reviews live lounge primrose valley mash and barrel lakeside pool lakeside restaurant on site the main complex papa johns splash pool prestige caravan entertainment complex central heating evening entertainment fun works great holiday beech rise family holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff are what make this place.
But while haven continue with the stay and play we will not be going back.

When you book stay & play they never tell you,
You are only allowed one visit in each entertainment, but the entertainment lets it down big style. They advertised a singer but all we got was two staff members holding a quiz.

We never expected to be sat in an entertainment environment listening to a quiz for the whole 1 hour and 15 minutes you get.

Now the caravan which stunk of cigarettes, the mash and barrel looks like a cafe. The food was better at the mash & barrel than the lakehouse.

The lakehouse on our first visit took us to a table that had meant to have been cleaned however the seats had large stains and left over food underneath the table.

The food arrived dried out as it had obviously been pre cooked and left under a heat lamp or in the oven.

The park gave me a caravan which had the wrong key although it fitted the lock it never actually locked it which we found out the next day. After reporting this they said they would call me after it’s fixed so we went out for the day over 6 hours we arrived back to find the caravan was still unlocked so went back to reception who then called the locksmith who told them to give us the spare key.
Which was the actual key for the caravan when he called a short time later he informed me the original key was an old one.

Haven need to ban the electro scooters as I got hit by one of these things by a you g boy who didn’t give a hoot and just shot of laughing.

We will never return to haven until they return to the way it used to be before lockdown.

If Haven keep stay and play after lockdown we will NOT return.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have recently returned from a mid-week break and it’s the first time I’ve been as an adult, with my own children. I remember the site from my childhood and I have to say, not much has changed in 15 years. It’s looking very tired in a lot of places.

As a vulnerable person, I found myself feeling rather uncomfortable at times, particularly indoors where social distancing and masks were limited. We did a lot outdoors as a result and the things we did were enjoyable (boats, beach, funfair, playground and crazy golf).

We paid for a Platinum caravan and although it had clearly been cleaned on arrival (due to the strong smell of bleach), there were still hairs wrapped around the sink plug hole. I know it’s hard for hospitality with covid but cleaning should be on point at the moment. The beds though…need seriously upgrading. The mattress was so hard and I actually dreaded going to sleep.

I found the run up to the holiday and the app really good, I didn’t feel there was anything I didn’t know before we arrived. Communication felt smooth. The activities are great for children and mine certainly enjoyed themselves.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We returned here 2 years after our last visit for our summer holiday. What a difference from last time I never complain but feel this needs highlighted.
The staff at the site are lovely and facilities are great which the restriction now with only 1 night of entertainment for our week holiday.
The site I cannot fault but our caravan especially during covid I am really disappointed, where to start..
Second night we bought pizzas for a meal in caravan oven wouldn’t work we later found there is a part missing as seen in photos, we reported it the Tuesday night and they said someone would come and see it no visit forcing us to eat out every night which was very costly!
The caravan itself was very unclean with rusty patio furniture, carpets that clearly have never been hoovered and faeces on our curtains!
We asked if they could hire us a Hoover we were told they don’t have one.
My hay fever started the first night with me scratching my eyes probably due to the dust, getting very little sleep.
I moved the twin beds so our son couldn’t fall down the space wow it was full of dust and hairbobbles etc and our fridge had a cone in it from a previous visitor !
I have attached pictures for a prestige caravan I expected it be at least clean torn whether I would come back great site but the caravan let it down severely.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Prior to to our 2021 visit, we visited in 2020 which was a wonderful holiday. As you can imagine we were excited to be going again. When booking I stipulated that I cannot walk far due to ill health and disabillities. We were sent the caravan details the day before. This was the start of how things were to pan out. The caravan was the furthest it could be, near the entrance. Telephoned that day to be told, its a computer that allocates your caravans. When I pointed out I had requested on the booking to be near amenaties so I could walk. I was told site is fully booked, no other caravan. Which clearly was a lie, half the park was empty. I asked if maybe I attend reception when, I get there, to be moved. Nope, basically, I was told to like it or lump it. No concern whatsoever. Arrived on the monday, tried to get in reception but others were queuing out the door. The caravan, never seen anything like it. It stunk. There was dog pee stains on the floor, the furniture full of dog hairs and stained, fabric just filthy and dog smelling. I had to tell my grandson to keep his trainers on, the floor was that mucky. You could not sit down with clean clothes on. Curtains smelt of nicotene. To top that off the freezer compartment in the fridge was covered with green mold. I couldnt get to our bookings which we had booked, so it was a total white wash of a holiday. By wedsnesday we had, had enough. I rang reception to tell them our problems and to inform we couldnt stay any longer. The lady apparently filled in a report to head office,this was 17th june. Not a dickie bird not even an acknowledgmant to say they have received my complaint. Altogether not disabled friendly, the hygiene is terrible. If not frightening with covid. No clensliness at all. Iv had years of fun in caravans over the years, with my children and grandchildren. After this, I wont be caravaning ever again.

Room tip: Avoid the haven site.
1  Thank Nicki V
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Whilst we was expecting some limitations due to the pandemic there was some areas overly controlled and others under.

A lot of what you do is controlled via an app but cannot understand why activities are on a Web page surely they can be combined. The Web page also requires you to input lots each time.

The problem with app booking is its first come first served so you can be left very little. The other problem is people don't cancel bookings. We went to Lakeside and it was virtually empty and was told it was fully booked when it clearly had loads of tables with social distancing possible.

I would avoid the arcade at show times there was no control on the amount of people and a huge amount of people not wearing masks (whole families).

The caravan was fine for us. The site would be great outwith the restrictions but I would not return until after.

Room tip: Avoid arcade at show times Book restaurants and activities before you go or miss out