“Beautiful location and views”
Review of Boat House

Boat House
Ranked #57 of 73 Restaurants in Daventry
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

The location and external views are lovely. Nice outside eating areas and play area for the little ones, but that is where it stops. Once inside it’s nothing more than a cheap chain pub from the furniture to the staff. Bar staff were rude calling everyone mate or darling, no smiles no customer service skills. Food was ok, but nothing to get excited about. Waitress was ok but no interaction and no offer to get sauces etc. If you want a cheap meal and can overlook the staff but have great views then give it a try.

2  Thank Sharon M

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Please don’t waste your money going to this place, I ordered the steak and ale pie, couldn’t even eat it, another person also complained, all they said is we will tell the chef. My father didn’t get the correct meal, and the other two meals well below standard. KEEP AWAY

2  Thank Sally H
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Crowded, noisy, dirty. Small portions and grossly overpriced. No taste to the food. Very much a mass-market place somewhat reminiscent of a second-rate motorway service station.
The service was indifferent. My wife's requirements for gluten and dairy-free food were poorly understood.
There is absolutely nothing about this place that recommends it. I would never visit again.

3  Thank Julian F
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Why is it that Marstons just cannot run a pub, food waste of time despite fantastic location, customers left waiting.

3  Thank jim021
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Short staffed and waited for over 40 minutes! But whilst waiting and ordering drinks we were treated to a scene of the barman (a well rounded man) bending over to get mixers out of the chiller with his jogging bottoms on......OMW....he had more crack than Harlem!

When the food eventually arrived. I wish it hadn’t! I thought it was a joke. Sausage and mash with onion gravy for both my wife and daughter was both toddler size portions! A teaspoon of mash for my 9 year old and a tablespoon of mash for the adult version ! The ‘onion’ gravy was four slices of slightly blanched red onion balanced on the minuscule portion of mash with a mini jug of regular gravy on the side. When we queried the portion size was told ‘’kids meals are small and the mash is pre-portioned!’’ £10.90 for 2 sausages and probably not even half a small potato portion of mash - really?!?!

I asked to speak to the manager but could only speak to the supervisor! Who informed me that the manager was off as he works 6 days a week! Was brought some extra mash but tbh the whole meal was absolutely awful and we will NOT be visiting again EVER!

It is by far the worst meal we have had in a very long time. We were so disappointed we will be writing to there head office!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Aaron D