“Elegant dining ”

Hardy's Bistro
Ranked #75 of 121 Restaurants in Alnwick
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hardy's is our informal Bistro with a relaxing atmosphere and large windows overlooking Alnwick high street. Enjoy a drink at the bar, tea or coffee served throughout the day, or dinner from our Bistro menu which features a selection of light dishes, salads and a full three course menu.
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

We chanced upon the Bistro within the White Swan hotel in Alnwick by chance and were really pleased we found this place.what led us in was the vegetarian menu as it often difficult to find veggie options. The Bistro itself is elegant in a sedate way the tables are all laid out beautifully the service was excellent our waitress Anna was attentive and very professional. The food was all freshly cooked and prepared by the chef the burger my husband had was one of the best he has ever tasted 2 patties hand made seasoned well in a brioche bun My meal came with home made "proper" chunky chips hubby had fries if there is 1 small quibble he would have liked some salad and not so many chips but that is a personal choice. Then the dessert creamy home made rice pudding with sultanas absolutely gorgeous. Along with drinks and coffees the bill was less than we have paid in Costa or the local garden centre cafe. Excellent value delicious food and attentive service all in all a lovely experience we can't wait to repeat when next in Alnwick.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Called in on a Monday night, didn't know it was steak night, but had to make do as there was no other choice on the menu but steak. I love steak, but to me it is gamble in restaurants so very rarely have it when out.

Seemed like a good offer, steak and chips plus bottle of wine for 2 for £30. I asked the waitress to recommend the least fatty of the 2 on offer, she suggested sirloin. When the meals arrived they looked great, but half mine was fatty gristle that was impossible to eat, my friends was not as fatty and she enjoyed hers. The guy on a table near ours said " it was the best steak he ever had" So I guess I was just the unlucky one who got the fatty gristly steak. As I said it's a gamble.

I told the waitress that it was very fatty and could not eat it, she was very apologetic but that was it, no offer of a discount or a complimentary coffee. So on my experience I would not go again, but then I must be too fussy.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

The food, service and price were all excellent. We were very impressed with everything. It was better than any of the other eating places that we visited in Alnwick

Reviewed 20 April 2017

The food was good but the service was awful! It took 40 minutes at the end of our meal to get a coffee and even then that was due to my husband having to go to the bar! They only had a few tables occupied yet they were turning people away. Absolutely no atmosphere at all!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here. There was a "soup and sandwiches" option. We asked what he soup was as there was nothing to tell us and the waiter said " Vegetable" which sounded good. What came was a very small bowl of orange/brown liquid which was both luke warm and tasteless. Then came the sandwiches! Mine was ham and mustard and certainly it was however my wife's cheese and tomato consisted of tasteless grated cheese and what looked like tomato paste or ketchup. Both sandwiches were on two slices of cheap supermarket brown bread complete with crusts! The cost was £8.90 each!
The food was poor and the cost extortionate for what we had. I would not advise anyone to go to this establishment.

1  Thank Muckleman