Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Eshott Hall(Eshott)
US$138
US$115
US$122
US$94
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$70
US$41
Travelodge
US$42
US$39
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
2,064 results
All reviewsdobson restaurantthe pubevening meallovely hotelmain restaurantcocktail barlovely groundsspa facilitieswedding partyspa breakexecutive roomcream teawedding receptionmaster of ceremoniesmacdonald linden hallblack puddingone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2018

We went here for a one night stay and to enjoy the spa, nice hotel, great staff, excellent meal at night time in the main restaurant, overall very pleased. We booked through SuperBreak and that was easy, breakfast was nice choice, rooms were pleasant, spa treatments were relaxing, good value and good fun we never made it to the pub we think we saw time ran out

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Denis F, General Manager at Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear Catherine.

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the spa treatments.

We hope to welcome you back in the future and you make it into the pub.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Stayed here in December while visiting relatives in the North East, and couldn't have been more impressed. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. The food in the restaurant was excellent. The staff were exceptional. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I have passed on your lovely comments to our staff and we are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Pros:- Reception Staff nice, Restaurant Staff nice
Cons:- No draught ales served on site, Wine overpriced compared to sister hotels, Main course dinner over heated and served dried out, Breakfast in room 25 minutes late and served luke warm

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank robertfG1061UQ

Dear reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.

I have passed on your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager and apologise that the food was not up to standard.
I have also passed on your comments about the reception and restaurant staff.

I hope that you give us a second chance and choose to stay again the the future so we can prove this is not our usual level of service.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel on first impression is stunning. Amazing grounds, amazing internal decoration and a really nice feel to the communal areas. Rooms are ok but nothing special.

The beds however are tiny...and for two normal sized people it was a huge squeeze. God help the “curvy” guests that may encounter this place.

As for the walls.. from about half 6 it felt like there was a stampede outside of the room. I know this is an old building but they could have done something to the walls or ridiculously noisy floor boards to stop this from happening or reduce the noise levels.

It is a beautiful venue but we won’t be coming back to stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roger M

Dear Roger

Thank you for your kind words about the grounds and Old Hall; I am sorry that this did not continue into your bedroom.

Our Classic Double rooms have a 4'6" standard double bed in them which some guests may find small. I have spoken to our maintenance manager about the noisy floorboards in the corridor, but as you mentioned this is an old building and it can be difficult to keep on top of, but we will try harder in future.

I'm sorry that your stay was not to the standard you expected. I do hope that you give us a second chance in the future and return to stay with us.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

This is no doubt a beautiful hotel with stunning , beautifully kept grounds.
However, this review is of my day visit with treatments to the spa .

First of all, they double booked themselves and had to ask me to change my date, the day before I was due to arrive.
These things happen, so all was rearranged.
I arrived on the day in question, and was given a form to complete, in the midst of four spa employees discussing their private lives ! No welcome coffee or tea offered which would have been appreciated after dealing with morning traffic.
The relaxation room has herbal tea with flasks of lukewarm water to help yourself to.
A small pool available with some loungers.

My massage was very mediocre, the therapist used a rather unpleasant smelling oil which was not warmed before putting it on my back, she also put a load of it into my hair before a half hearted scalp massage without asking whether I wanted oil.
Afterwards I was told to help myself to water .
I have had many spa days, spa breaks in numerous venues, and have always had a drink brought to me before dressing after a treatment.
This has to have been the least satisfactory of all of them.
I didn’t feel valued as a client.

I had ordered a chicken Caesar salad for lunch.
I was given a plate of lettuce dressed with Caesar dressing, no chicken.
The dining room was totally empty, and the waitress had disappeared, after 10 minutes I had to go into the kitchen to find her eating and ask for some chicken.
All in all I was glad to leave this spa, and would not recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank janepL6352BA

Dear reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry that you were disappointed in your spa day.
I have passed on all of your comments to the Spa Manager who will speak to the staff and look to improve the service future customers receive.
I have also spoken to the Food and Beverage Manager about the service in the Restaurant.

I'm sorry that the service you received was not as it should have been, but I do hope that you will return in the future so we can demonstrate that this is not the standard of service we normally deliver.