“Not the most expensive in Grove City but you will not find a better place”

Holiday Inn Express Grove City
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed 5 August 2016

I reserved 12 rooms with Andrea in January for July/Aug softball tournament. Since we are all over 75 I knew there was no chance all of us would be healthy then. Andrea was super and accommodating.

My rooming list did change a few times, and near the last minute one of our players bolted to a cheaper room, that took two couples and twp guys with him. They all were 'sorry' they had moved to save money, a 'dump' as one said, had to go out for breakfast another said because it was so bad.

For those of us stayed it was super (seven rooms). Then a family death took two guys home the first night. They gave them a break checking out at 8pm. Thanks Andrea and Bill (our night guy) for being great about the whole ordeal. And Bill made the best cookies some nights.

We then complicated things by having our part of tournament changed from four days to three. So, our six remaining rooms checked out one day early (3 nights instead of four). So all of a sudden 48 possible room nights turned into about 19 real nights and they never complained. they continued to treat each and everyone of us like valued customers. That is what superior service is all about. Add in a fine breakfast, a very clean, comfortable, well equipped room and you have a Holiday Inn Express which is superb.

But then I find this is the norm when I stay at other HIE's around the US and Canada. The three nights I was in Grove City, my wife and her sisters were at three HIE's in Canada.

Well done Andrea and Bill, next year you will be my first call. A very pleased, very thankful HIE customer. You went over and above and a five star rating is really not enough, you should have gotten six or seven, even on a five point scale.

Room Tip: Some rooms are quiet and some are loud. Ask for end away from US71 and/or side facing south
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Russ K
Andrea S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Russ, thank you so much for your kind words our staff enjoyed having your team here and will welcome you back with open arms next year! Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! See you next time your in Grove City, Ohio!

Reviewed 1 July 2016

We got lucky with a someone else getting our room for $69/night. We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night with what looked like mostly children and mature adults. We had absolutely no noise at night during our stay. It seems like everywhere we stay we tend to get some knuckleheads that feel the need to let everyone know that they are returning early in the morning. Besides the silence we treasured, the room was large enough, looked clean, had a microwave, and a 3 foot high refrigerator. Another bonus was the shower had excellent water pressure. I usually just get in and get out, here I relaxed and enjoyed the shower. They have a pool, exercise room, a small shop to purchase snacks etc. The location is moderately busy because of many retail and restaurants. It is also only maybe 6 miles south of Columbus saving $ on the room and no fee parking. We go to Columbus several times a year with this being our first stay at Holiday Inn. We had been using the same hotel in the area for the past 4-5 years. We will definitely be staying here know, because of our last stay being so comfortable. There is free breakfast, which I will not knock, because it's free, enough said. They also had free wifi, which was the quickest connection I have ever received at a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mawdooms

Mawdooms,
Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed pretty much everything about our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed the peace and quiet and that you room was spacious enough for your family. It is good to hear that you had a nice and comfortable stay with our hotel and we hope to see you back here in Grove City, Ohio in the near future!

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We visited family for a birthday party. The hotel was clean and quiet. The staff was extremely friendly.

The hot water was scalding hot in the bathroom. Breakfast was okay. They didn't have pancakes and eggs, I guess we came down too late around 9am.

I could see us staying again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Therip8,
Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a quiet and comfortable stay although, I do want to apologize for the high temperature in the shower as well as breakfast not having adequate food supply. We hope that next time your in Grove City, Ohio you will give us another chance! Thanks again!

Reviewed 19 May 2016

This hotel features comfortable , clean rooms with nice beds and great water pressure in the shower. There are plenty of places to eat and shop nearby. They offer a continental breakfast. The only complaint I have is that the City charges a small "environmental fee." I asked what it was for and the hotel clerk, who was very nice, explained that it was for the soaps. (?) The city imposes that fee at all the hotels, supposedly.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank micnmat
Tammy K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Thank you for your recent stay and wonderful review. That was a great explanation given by our staff for the environmental fee, but that is only partial. The fee is used to offset the cost in purchasing biodegradable products to clean your room and recycling and we appreciate that you participated in it...we like to always "think green". We would love for you to stop by again soon and visit. Thank you again for your time to review us, we really appreciate it!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

One reason I stay at Holiday Inns is that they are pretty consistent. Room was fine, staff friendly and breakfast marginal. But that's not the staff's fault, it's what they are given to serve. Doesn't stop me from staying there but I usually don't eat it :)

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Tammy K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

We appreciate your recent review of our hotel and thank you for your comments on our breakfast. It helps us know where we need to improve to make every stay the perfect experience for every guest. We will see you again soon!

Tammy K