All reviewsspike barsakura restaurantround of golfpro shopspa areagreat golf coursesteam room and saunaspa treatmentsgolf breaklounge barafternoon tearelaxing weekendpoached eggsexecutive roomlovely hotellarge bathroomquiet location
Reviewed 22 November 2016

I would recommend staying here, we only stayed one night but we was looked after the moment we arrived till the time we departed.
Accommodation was was out of this world, would recommend a stay at the Oxfordshire hotel. if your in the area.
Well done.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carl R, General Manager at The Oxfordshire Golf Club & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Thank you for the review. Great to hear, I will ensure all staff are made aware of your positive comments.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Great stay enjoyed it from the minute we arrived until we left,the food was great but for me the best and biggest part of the stay was the spa,great relaxing massage with very nice and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and especially how much you enjoyed the spa and the treatments.

I do hope we can welcome you back for another stay in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 19 November 2016

Lovely hotel. Excellent service. Clean, comfortable and welcoming. It certainly had that extra something compared to other similar hotels I have recently visited. Excellent. Certainly recommend. Next time a longer stay to enjoy the facilities.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the 5 star review. This is the sort of feedback we aim for and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to the Oxfordshire in the future.

Carl Rundgren

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Hotel staff and facilities very good, very friendly staff, this was a golfing trip, we found the course in good condition and challenging, with a warm welcome from the professional and his staff . This hotel has excellent facilities. Food was excellent but could have done with abut more choice.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive review. It is great to hear such good feedback and I will ensure this is passed onto the various team members.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

I sent this email to the hotel a month ago after staying for a wedding. they haven't responded.

I wanted to send you some feedback from my stay.

The service in the bar yesterday was very poor. Each time we ordered a drink we were not asked if we wanted ice and a garnish. This is not, as I understand, what a 4* establishment should do. I don't actually like ice in my glasses and repeatedly had to ask for it to be tipped away, even when I stated in advance that I didn't want any. It's a habit/assumption that shouldn't be made and is easily avoided.

The waiter did not know which was the sweetest rose wine when I asked. He then, without actually speaking to me to explain what he was doing, put two taste glasses in front of me to allow me to choose. It was very.. strange to be served drinks without any verbal interaction from the waiter. Not what one would expect when paying £10 for a glass of wine and a mineral water.

We ordered a lot of food at the bar and we're not provided cutlery then had to wait quite a while before we got it after asking. There were 9 of us eating.

Afterwards we all went to our rooms to get ready for a wedding. When returning to the bar an hour later all of the glasses, plates and leftover food were still at the table where we'd been sat.

When arriving at breakfast there were no tables ready, even though there were many free tables.

The spa was lovely and the hotel reception staff were pleasant this morning. My name was spelled incorrectly on my bill this morning, even though I spelled it out when making the reservation, told the receptionist yesterday and corrected it on my registration card when checking in yesterday. It's only a minor mistake but more noticeable when you're disappointed by other things.

The food service leaves a lot to be desired for a 4 star hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear Kristen I

I am sorry your complaints were not dealt with in a timely manner. I have very recently taken over as General Manager and have not been made aware of your issues. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel as would like to discuss the issues you had in more detail and hopefully entice you to return for another visit. Please accept my apologies from the whole team at the Oxfordshire and I do hope to hear from you in due course.

Carl Rundgren