“Surprisingly good meal”

Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Thame
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Rising Sun is an old pub with Pad Thai Restaurant, serving a range of delicious Thai food all week. Pad Thai Restaurant Hours: Monday-Thursday 12:00-14:30 and 18:00-22:30 Friday-Saturday: 12:00-14:30 and 18:00-22:30 Sunday: 12:00-14:30 and 18:00-22:00 Rising Sun Pub Hours: Monday-Thursday 11:30 - 15:00 and 17:00-23:30 Friday-Saturday 11:30 - 01:00 Saturday Sunday 11:30 - 22:30
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My friend and I fancied a meal out so we popped in to Thame having already looked to see it there was a Thai restaurant, The pad Thai looked good, we hadn't booked but at 1800 hr they accommodated strait away,
Had the best meal I have had in Thame, good service good food good price, Thanks

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We ate here whilst visiting family that live near High Wycombe and did really enjoy the food! The restaurant itself is in a small pub, I wasn't so keen on the bar bit at the front but the restaurant around the back was quiet and decorated nicely.

I ordered the pad thai and spring rolls and really enjoyed it, the rest of the family really enjoyed their meals too (and they've visited a few times since). Even though we arrived about 9pm, food quality was still great and served quickly. It's maybe not as authentic as other thai places we have tried, but it's still nice!

We then moved round into the pub bit at the front, it was crowded, loud and almost made me feel claustrophobic, so I won't be back to the pub itself but I'd definitely visit just for the restaurant!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I regret the money I spent in this place. I went with family and friend and the food is overpriced and we found a piece of plastic in the soup! The waiters were chatting all the time between them and placed our orders incorrectly, In the end they blamed the kitchen. Not a good attitude.

The food portions are small and with bad quality for the pad thai. Was greasy, the coriander leafs were rotten and yellow and the flavours artificial. The only positive note was for the bar service and the great Pimms made by the bartender.

Even if they discounted the price of the soup with the glitch, it's no worth it and will not go back for sure.

1  Thank pavalerio
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Good proper pub with a great Thai restaurant merged into one.
The combination works well and creates a lively atmosphere. The food itself was fresh and as expected, full of good flavours with extra spice if you ask.
I great remedy for a dull and wet day, especially as it's on our door step.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

on Friday evening the rising sun was very busy , great atmosphere and the food was excellent as well . The range and quality was ideal and the service was friendly as always . Just one small point : they needed the table for a second sitting ( we dined early) and this had not been mentioned when booking . They were flexible but it should have been mentioned . No doubt I'll be back . their pad thai is ( as you'd expect with their name ) the best in the area , and the other dishes have flavour and a great balance of meat and veg . I always enjoy sitting in the old historic part at the front of the pub next to the bar - nice historic atmosphere