“Group visit”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We went to the Star and Garter as a large group. Order etc can so often be chaos. Not the case. Ordering was swift and efficient. All the food was served at the same time. We were well looked after.

Food is good and staff are friendly and helpful.

I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Visited for the first time and found the food very good and portions generous. I liked the fact they let you put your leftover food into a takeaway carton yourself at the table, rather than the waitter doing it out in the kitchen. This means only you have handled it after cooking and serving, no cross contamination risk.
Would recommend and will definitely come again.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I'm on a mission to find a quality take away in or near Thame and sadly the Star and Garter ISN'T IT. I've tried them a few times now, the latest being a Friday night. The Dhansak was over-flavoured with cardamom (which I'm sure isn't normally in a Dhansak but I could be wrong) and the Tandoori Chicken definately was a few days old and really salty, so much so it didn't get eaten. I'm writing this as I think Thame Indian Restaurants need to up their game. Come on guys, fresh ingredients and freshly cooked...am I asking too much?

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times nice food and friendly staff.

The cost is reasonable and you get a good portion of food.

Would recommend if your in the area.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

The food was poor on my visit with lazy cooking. An onion Bhaji the size of a tennis ball which is raw in the middle is not nice. The main was a poor assemblage, not an Indian dish or even an Anglo-Indian dish. The same ready cooked mock tandoori coloured chicken used in making the assorted starter was placed on some onions, peppers and whole chilli, no sauce at all. The chicken was not sauteed in mustard oil as described on the menu.

Clearly, they don’t care about the quality, authenticity or consistency of their Indian food, which for a customer is insulting. If I had been there with friends rather than work colleagues, I would have complained to the manager and left. I guess their low food hygiene rating says it all about their attitude to their customers.

4  Thank rtyLondon