Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel(Midsomer Norton)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Breakfast included
US$187
US$176
US$147
Wookey Hole Hotel(Wookey Hole)
US$72
US$70
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

Premier Inn Wells (Somerset)(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$83
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$90
US$80
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Winford Manor(Winford)
US$103
US$96
Hotels.com
All reviewscourse tasting menucountry houseresident dogstately homehouse doggravel drivepre dinner drinksamuse bouchedrawing roompublic roomssecret escapesantique furniturekitchen gardenfour poster bedlovely groundsgreen roombeautiful hotel
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Ston Easton’s afternoon teas came highly recommended. This afternoon’s experience certainly did not disappoint. The hotel is situated in beautiful countryside and its surrounding landscaped gardens are deserving of a walk around . We were made to feel very welcome. Tea is served in a beautiful room full of characterful features, sofas, armchairs and comfortable throws/cushions. A lovely place and atmosphere in which to relax. We enjoyed a tea of freshly made sandwiches, the most delicious scones I have ever tasted and some amazing cakes. Service was first rate and attentive. The views were lovely and the whole experience perfect. I wholeheartedly recommend the Ston Easton Park hotel for afternoon tea.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Ston Easton Par... H, Manager at Ston Easton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear gilllittle2017

Thank you so much for your kind comments they are much appreciated by the Ston Easton Team, we are all delighted that you enjoyed you afternoon tea with us, and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Nicola Harvey

Reviewed 16 February 2018

What a joy to be brought dish after dish of tantalising morsels of delight. The food was fantastic and equal (if not better in some cases) to anything we have had in Michelin star establishments. Well done Chef, very impressive! The staff were great and attentive and, as ever, the hotel oozed the charm and warmth that makes it such a pleasant place to visit.
What a great night and good value given the standard of the hotel and the wonderful food provided. The additional review below does not mention the wonderful restaurant so have waxed lyrical about it here!

Room Tip: There is a downstairs room if stairs are to be avoided.
1  Thank PortGrimaud

Dear PortGrimaud

Thank you so much for your lovely review, your comments have been passed on to Chef, he was also delighted that you enjoyed your Valentines meal and extends his thanks and appreciation to you, as do all the team.

I hope that you will return to Ston Easton Park in the future.

Nicola Harvey

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Went for Sunday Lunch and was mostly impressed. Excellent food in great surroundings. One minor hiccup which was dealt with very well by the staff.Could have done with stoking the fire in the drawing room as it was quite cold. Only drawback is the price they charge for drinks which I felt was a bit over the top. Would go back again.

Dear PMB54

Many thanks for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed you Lunch with us and have noted your comments.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ston Easton Park in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

This hotel is gorgeous and we had a beautiful room with a four poster bed. So far so good. The staff are friendly and the welcome is genuine. Tick VG. We only stayed one night and had booked into the restaurant for that special meal. Beautiful setting: smart -casual attire asked for and no mobile phones. We duly complied but immediately saw somebody on his own with the phone (which actually I think is fine - he wasn't playing loud music and it kept him company!) Menu was enticing and we looked forward to it. Drinks typically pricey but it was a special occasion. What I am about to write no in no way undermines the cooking or our experience but I hadn't appreciated I would suddenly be in an episode of masterchef with portion sizes and presentation to match. I have been pleased to experience the burst of flavour etc but when I am presented with two miniscule pieces of venison and blobs of sauces and a tiny cubes of vegetables - as a main meal - I start to become sceptical. Before anybody thinks I am a heathen when it comes to fine cuisine, let me assure you I am not, but I am also a believer in value for money and a reasonable portion size. Each course followed the same presentation as if it was from the tasting menu. Indeed we would have had that if we had known how very nouvelle the whole experience was going to be! So many people have jumped on the bandwagon of flavour bursts which is fine - but this was fairly outrageous and disappointing as a 'meal' experience. We noted there was a bar menu and frankly another time would opt for that. As a complete contrast breakfast was 'normal' and I am sure afternoon tea was fine too! Don't put up with it people! Hold these hotels to account - what is the point of three courses which are miniscule? At least warn your guests. One other comment, it was valentine's day the day we were leaving and how lovely it would have been if there had been a rose on the table or given to each 'couple'? That would have gone beyond expectations instead of ignoring the whole thing! Would I stay again? Probably but I would not eat in the restaurant again - and it was pretty deserted the night we were there despite the hotel having quite a few guests - it did give my husband and I some amusing references the rest of our break away though when we were eating out! Sadly, that ought not to be the case! So - you are a fabulous hotel - I love your décor, I love your service, I love your location and I loved my room - BUT - your restaurant needs to re-think its food policy in my humble opinion. Or at least flag up the kind of 'fine' dining it is aiming for. Seriously - taster menus with small tastings of food - yes - 3 course dinner - NO!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank greeneyedmezzosop
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We stayed at Ston Easton after visiting Bath. The staff were excellent throughout and were pleasant and efficient, with service exceptionally good at both dinner and breakfast. The 'Chinese Room' was impressively large with plenty of furniture. It was clean but the bed was soft and sagged somewhat in the middle. The decor could do with a bit of an update. It would have been a nice touch if some biscuits had been included with the complimentary teas and coffee.

Dinner was ok. The Malbec wine was delicious and both my wife and I enjoyed the main courses of duck and venison but we were somewhat underwhelmed with the salmon starter. Breakfast was good. The sausages were delicious and the eggs tasty, if slightly overcooked for our liking.

The house and grounds are lovely and we had an enjoyable walk before we left. We would certainly stay again but probably just book a room and breakfast. Dinner was a little disappointing and we felt, a bit overpriced. Overall though, our experience was an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been recently refurbished.
2  Thank kts238

Dear kts238

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am please that you enjoyed your stay with us despite a couple of niggles, please be assured that your comments have been noted and passed to the appropriate departments.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ston Easton park in the future.