“Fabulous Meal at this great restaurant, North Wheddon Farm.”
Review of North Wheddon Farm Restaurant - CLOSED

North Wheddon Farm Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We ate here last weekend and had such a wonderful night!
My husband and I hadn't had such a fabulous meal in ages. Last meal, just the 2 of us, was 12 months ago so no pressure!! BUT it was wonderful, great atmosphere, lovely service and the food was amazing!
The home smoked ham was such a deep flavour (my husbands starter) and my home smoked chicken salad just melted in my mouth. For main I had pork loin with cheddar,apple and cream ( which sounded filling but) was really really tasty. Finishing with homemde choc icecream, well i nearly embaressed myself licking it off my skirt!!!
(BTW my husbands main of chicken and sticky toffee pud were just as delicious but i don't won't to spoil all your fun!)

The dinning room was intimate but not intimidating, you could be a group or a couple and feel equally welcome.

BUT you must book and I reccommend you do as you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Emalourowe

Reviewed 23 May 2012

The three course meal was served in a lovely characterful dining room. The food was excellent and very good value for money. The wine list, although not extensive, was very good and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Even if the log fire isn't blazing when you visit North Wheddon Farm Restaurant, you can be sure of a warm welcome from owners Julian and Rachael. Four of us tried it on the recommendation of a work colleague for a 60th birthday celebration, wanting a low key occasion ahead of a hectic family party. The atmosphere was relaxed and the hosts friendly but not obtrusive, offering service that was just right. A really nice touch was a birthday card - beautifully made by one of the children - and sparklers on the birthday girl's pudding. You can order ahead, which we did, but you don't have to. The menu provides more than enough choice and the comfort of knowing that every dish has been home produced, with many of the ingredients not having far to travel. The salmon and ham are home smoked and pork and lamb reared on the farm, while the bread is also home baked. The dishes are well cooked, presented with flair and delicious. The restaurant uses a local wine merchant and the wine list offers some good, yet reasonably priced choices. Overall, the experience was excellent - and, an added bonus - ten per cent off the food for locals!

1  Thank Charlies_mumSomerset
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Food is great, service is lovely - they accommodated my partner being a coeliac (and neither of us eating meat which isn't easy in all hunting and fishing Exmoor!). Really well priced and we ate in front of a blazing log fire. Lovely.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Wonder food which is home produced or locally sourced.